Engine flooded: Help fast!!

Venom_Nitrous

Founding Member
Aug 23, 2002
Spearfish, SD
I had to change the o-rings on my Noszle kit, and long story short when I was taking my fuel rail/injectors out one of the injectors popped off. All of the fuel came out of the rail and down the injector hole. So, now my engine is flooded badly. When I cranked the engine, it didn't turn over, it just went like a 1/4 turn and stopped. It didn't click so I know it isn't a low battery. What should I do. I know in an R/C engine you take the plug out and let it turn over a few times. Should I take the plug out of theat cylinder and let it turn over or should I just let it sit over night? Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

FalconGuy016 said:
I was under the impression you just had to let it evaporate :(
I hope, I am going to try it tomorrow again in the afternoon b/c it is supposed to warm up a bit and maybe make it evaporate a little more. I went to Wally world and bought a spark-plug socket set and wrench. I have some at home, but since I am at college this little mishap cost me 30 bucks.

The problem is you got a lot of liquid gasoline in the cylinder.

1. A fluid is not compressible. Be happy that your engine didn't crank because you may brake a piston rod.

2. Gas dilutes oil you may run your piston metal on metal

Remove the spark as mentioned above and pay attention not to light your car. Also you can fill a tiny amount of oil in that cylinder. Change your oil, when you think there might be gas.

Got it Fixed this morning! I went out at about 11 and the thing was still stuck, didn't even crank all the way over. So, I disconnected all of the injectors and coil packs and removed the spark plug from that cylinder that the gas leaked into (also the one with the cracked o-ring). I heard pressure release as I took it out. I took a thin wood stick ad put it in to see if there was anything in it, kinda like a dipstick. I pulled it out and sure enough there was about 1/4 inch of WATER on it. Didn't smell like gas. It was water. I had been raining here for a few days. I guess it got on my intake through my open hood scoop and got by that damn o-ring. I cranked the engine and about a cup of water comes shooting out about 20 feet. After about 2 turns, I squirt a little ATF in the Cylinde, cranked a few more times and put the spark plug back in. I turned over and ran like a champ. I had a little too big of o-rings on the noszles, so I replaced them all with the right ones. Now my idle is rock solid at 800 instead of 1500 like it was. When I disconnect the IAC the car dies like it should, it also feels like I gained about 20 hp. I also found a coil pack with a torn wire on it. I was only running on like 7.5 cylinders. I fixed it and now it runs so smooth. Before it idled like a '69 camaro with a cam. Now it is baby smooth and alot quieter. Exhaust is alot smoother now too.

Oh yeah, should I put new spark plugs in. The one was completely soaked. I hate to put new ones in now because I am going home in 2 weeks and I have a set of autolite 764's already side-gapped and gapped. Can I go 2 weeks like this. It seems to run better than ever.
I am thinking I sjhould change oil now too. Should I? It only has 300 miles on a full mobil 1 change. I hate to have to throw away $50 if I really don't need to.