Engine idles erratically

M8KMDAY

May 18, 2004
Oceanside, CA
Let me try to make this as short as possible: Took a good running engine out from my car and did the following mods. Used KenneBell supercharger (Check out OK) new 42 Lbs injectors and new Pro-M 75mm calibrated to the injectors.
First I started car and the cars' iddle was really bad, try to adjust the IAB valve, double and triple check timing, distributor position etc.... ran a little betterand found out code from EEC on that told me "no signal from MAF sensor", thinking that the EEC would correct itselfby disconnecting batt for 30 min. I ran the car as is. Took it for a drive around the block and as long as I was under 2500 rpm with no boost from the S/C I was OK, As soon as I increased rpm it backfired (BIG TIME) and found out that I was at 5 psi of boost from the S/C.
Checked my MAF connection and found a wire to MAF disconnected, I reconnected it and the check engine light was off. Started the car after disconnecting batt for another 30 min and the cars' iddle is really erratic and lopes while idling. Checked all vaccum hoses with carburator spray did not find any leaks I put a brand new K&N filter, new plugs gapped @ .034" and 1 step cooler, new sparkplug wires etc...... and still have that idle problem.

As far as the engine is concern, it has been rebuilt 2 years ago with new cam new bearings and all...... so I took out worn lobs on the cam, the engine has approx. 10 000 miles since the rebuilt, I'm still puzzled and I need your help in troubleshooting the erratic idle..

P.S Could a blown gasket be the problem? I do not have any water deposit in my oil...

Thanks for all the help,
Signed at the end of the baril :bang:

• Sponsors (?)