• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Engine Pic?

  • Thread starter Thread starter chimchim
  • Start date Start date Jun 19, 2005
C

chimchim

New Member
May 14, 2004
267
0
0
PA
Jun 19, 2005
#1
  • Jun 19, 2005
  • #1
I searched for engine picture/pics, but I can't find what I'm looking for. Can someone post a picture of the driver's side of a 4.6 2V engine out of the car. I'm trying to locate an oil leak. I need an up close shot of the bottom of the block from the front cover to the back between the headers and oil pan. My front cover WAS leaking and I got that fixed, but they didn't clean up the rest of the motor. I have oil all along the bottom of the block and on the oil cooler and oil pan. I just hope it's left over from the leak. I can't see real good past the k-member and I'm just trying to get a better picture in my head where the oil may have run or blown during the leak. Thanks.
 
C

chimchim

New Member
May 14, 2004
267
0
0
PA
Jun 19, 2005
#2
  • Jun 19, 2005
  • #2
 

csledd

Official Ovary Punching Member
Founding Member
Aug 18, 2001
1,115
1
0
Paducah, KY
Jun 19, 2005
#3
  • Jun 19, 2005
  • #3
maybe these will help you, i dunno.. but they're from my LT install.. (don't ask about whats holding up the motor )









 
C

chimchim

New Member
May 14, 2004
267
0
0
PA
Jun 19, 2005
#4
  • Jun 19, 2005
  • #4
That helps. Thanks. I had oil drips on the oil pan bolts that are all the way in the back in front of the tranny. No oil above the pan, though. I guess my front-cover leak dripped the oil onto the top ridge of the oil pan and it ran all the way to the back and down??? WTF? Worrying about the next mod for my car is much more fun than trying to fix a problem.

on the long tubes!
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine Looking for suggestions and or ideas
  • PonyGTrider
  • Aug 25, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
462
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 7, 2026
PonyGTrider
O
Sooty/Oily Front Engine & Pulleys
  • ozenator
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
12
Views
400
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 22, 2026
Blackhawkxx
P
Engine Mysterious coolant leak at back of engine
  • palerider94
  • Jan 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
235
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jan 19, 2026
AeroCoupe
S
Fox Another try for the European guy to get his first Fox
  • Schargedfox
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
10
Views
316
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 4, 2026
DadLife0724
1
Engine Motor swap from a 2003 Explorer
  • 1996mustang new
  • Oct 9, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
740
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 16, 2025
squeak93
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?