Engine throwing a bunch of codes

4turboho

Jan 31, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WEll I have a 91 mustang here with a stock 2.3l motor dual plug. Its throwing 5 different codes

172--Oxygen sensor not switching - system is or was lean - Single, Right or Rear HO2S - Fuel control

181--Fuel system was lean at part throttle Single, Right or Rear HO2S - Fuel control

186--Injector pulse width longer than expected or Mass Air Flow (MAF) lower than expected - Fuel control ///(Its actually the baro sensor)

327--EGR feedback signal is/was low - EVR or PFE

334--EVP sensor is/was high - EVR

Ok now it all started about 2 months ago and it was throwing code 186 I had all the codes erased from the computer like 3 weeks ago and the light stayed off for about 20 miles and drove good during that time. Then the light came back on and I check the code it was again 186. Now I checked the codes again a few days ago and now its throwing all 5 codes.

Ive cleaned the egr and the diaphram moves and I cleaned the MAF sensor(it was clean to begin with) And I've replaced the Baro sensor

Any ideas what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

sometimes the throttle position sensor goes bad and can mess everything up. My mustang was throwing a bunch of codes like that a while ago too. I knew my o2 sensor had to be bad because it had never been changed that i know of. so i replaced that, cleaned the maf sensor and replaced the throttle position sensor (TPS). Ever sense then it has ran fine. It is still throwing a couple codes, but its not related to any of that. TPS is an easy sensor to replace, its cheap, like $25 at advanced auto, and it gives you the perfect opportunity to clean out your throttle body and IAC. And if that doesn't help, well now you know that you have a new sensor that is working the way its supposed to, and you got to clean an important part of your intake system.

Posted via Mobile Device