Engine tries to die with fast throttle taps.

MusPuppis

Nov 8, 2004
Lexington, Ky.
Allrighty.. I'm working the gremlins out of my 5.0 while I wait for the throttle cable bracket and intake tubing and I noticed an odd one today. If I hit the throttle quickly, the truck sputters and tries to die. It usually doesnt actually die but it certainly tries. If I rev the motor slowly it doesnt have any problem but even at higher RPM's if I just tap it quickly you can hear the motor kinda hiccup and theres a small hesitation before it starts to rev up.

Could this be a timing issue perhaps or is it possibly running rich and dumping too much fuel at once when I tap the throttle?

• Sponsors (?)

did you pull codes yet? what is your timing set at? timing can definately create issues like that.

good luck.

Excellent info.

I'm gonna see about getting a scanner from the Ford dealership my buds work at but if thats not an option then I'll be using the self test method.

Thanks again for the info. By the time this truck is running I'm gonna have to have a little sticker with your name made up and slap it on my fender or something.. lol.