Evaluating an inherited 68 convertible

memo4george

Apr 26, 2010
Guys,

The last time I saw my father he was towing away this 68 convertible. I'll be selling it and I really don't know what its worth.

Its originally a V6 car. It's stripped with the exception of the rear end and it needs the floor patches but is generally nice all around. Take a look at the pics here: 68 convertible - a set on Flickr

Ask me any questions about the car.

I have a 67(or 68) coupe car for parts but its generally a rot box but it has all its pieces (of varying condition).

What do you think this car should go for? With the coupe?

Thanks,
George

• Sponsors (?)

no problem, how do the front fenders look on the donor car? Would the donor have everything you need to fix the rust, like the floor, trunk, not sure how the rear quarters would work, with conv and coupes (i think they are different). My guess would be 3-4 grand for the pair.....curious what other people have to say, but the 6 might hurt the price. Biggest thing killing you is lack of parts, no front end at all. Might bring more, might bring less.

Looking at the pics; the cutouts for the "decorations" (fake side scoops behind the doors) indicate that this is a 1967 Mustang.

Quite a bit of sheetmetal to replace - especially the floor. But it doesn't look too much - I've seen pictures of worse. Whoever puts this one back together is gonna be looking at new reproduction floor pans. Especially on a 'vert, those aren't going to be something cut off a donor car if at all possible - you're gonna want as much "meat" as you can get!

I sold this for 400. if its got somewhat of a frame your good to go. you know that you can buy everything for these cars and a vert to boot. I would ask minimum of a grand. go from there.