• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Exhaust Help

  • Thread starter Thread starter SVT94GT
  • Start date Start date Jul 24, 2017

SVT94GT

Member
Aug 14, 2016
17
2
13
Va
Jul 24, 2017
#1
  • Jul 24, 2017
  • #1
Hey guys I'm thinking about getting flowmaster mufflers for my slp exhaust, I love my slp resonators but it's just to damn loud for me and I can't justify buying and entire new system for 500$+ when I can buy the mufflers for $150. I just want to know will they fit? Do I need to weld them? I have a 1998 GT
 
B

blackgt460

Active Member
Jun 3, 2003
109
21
28
South East Pennsylvania
Jul 25, 2017
#2
  • Jul 25, 2017
  • #2
I think the flowmaster american thunder exhaust included whats called super 40 or super 44 mufflers. If I'm correct I'm sure you can just buy 2 of them and have a muffler shop weld them in for half the cost of a full cat back all in. My advise is go directly to the source (flowmaster) and inquire about the mufflers. If my above statement is accurate price some things out and go from there. Personally for me time is also money and I only mess with cat backs. Reason is I'd rather pay full price for perfect fitment then half price and end up having tips sticking out 3 inches looking like a pep boys special so make sure you tell the shop to mind the tip length if they cut out and weld in product for you.
 
Reactions: Nater_Potater and Neuron

SVT94GT

Member
Aug 14, 2016
17
2
13
Va
Jul 26, 2017
#3
  • Jul 26, 2017
  • #3
I was wanting to get the Flowmaster 44s, but here are some pics of my exhaust setup now, I'm pretty sure it will fit with welding. I have SLP resonators on here now
 

Attachments

  • 20170726_112842.webp
    187.1 KB · Views: 147
  • 20170726_112936.webp
    270.8 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: Nater_Potater
B

BeastsNMonsters

Member
Jun 25, 2017
39
8
18
East Texas
Jul 27, 2017
#4
  • Jul 27, 2017
  • #4
Find out the inside diameter of your piping. Make sure this is the inlet/outlet size of the mufflers you order. This will make install easier. My recommendation is to replace the resonators with the mufflers. This will depend on how much space is at that point in the system. Also, keep in mind the varying lengths of mufflers. That will also be involved in determining what part number will fit.
 

SVT94GT

Member
Aug 14, 2016
17
2
13
Va
Jul 31, 2017
#5
  • Jul 31, 2017
  • #5
It's all good now guys, thanks for all the info. I bought the 44 series and got my local muffler shop to weld them in place with a few minor modifications to get them to fit. They sound awesome though
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
107
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
2
Resolved subs with mach 460 system
  • 2v.cjmullis
  • Sep 28, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
66
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sep 28, 2026
2v.cjmullis
2
G
Quiet my 2015 GT on the cheap
  • gsrblack
  • Feb 12, 2025
  • 2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk
Replies
6
Views
862
2015 - 2023 (S550) Mustang -General/Talk Apr 16, 2025
gkomo
A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
192
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
L
Is catback worth it over axle backs?
  • Lorencarson
  • May 15, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
756
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- May 15, 2025
89ripper
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?