• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Exhaust Problems

  • Thread starter Thread starter 99Cobrakv
  • Start date Start date Mar 24, 2004
9

99Cobrakv

New Member
Mar 24, 2004
3
0
0
Mar 24, 2004
#1
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #1
I have a 99 Cobra and I am having trouble with my exhaust. I have Jba headers which are conected to a 2 1/2 inch bassani off-road x-pipe. I also have spintech mufflers. However, the car sounds horrible. There is poping noises when I get off the throttle, I know this is due to the lack of back pressure, but why does the car sound so raspy and out of tune?? Also, If I have an X-pipe with cats would the problem be any better.
 

hognutz

New Member
Nov 12, 2002
1,940
0
0
albany, oregon
Mar 24, 2004
#2
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #2
think it is your setup. spintechs are raspy sounding and so is the bassani x. I would change one of the 2 out. I think spintechs are a bit obnoxious to be honest. maybe try magnaflow or borla stinger catback.


unless you just have bad exhaust leaks.
 

downsouthman1

Member
Dec 16, 2003
643
0
16
Texas
Mar 24, 2004
#3
  • Mar 24, 2004
  • #3
Either that or a Catted X will create more Delta Pressure (commonly referred to as Back Pressure), which should make sound quality better. But who's to say? Sound's all opinion anyway.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
100
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
J
Exhaust manifold to Y-pipe nut & stud dimensions?
  • joeybuddy96
  • Jul 7, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
152
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Jul 9, 2026
joeybuddy96
J
Engine Random Misfire at idle.
  • Gulftown980x
  • Jul 29, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
11
Views
447
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Jul 31, 2026
squeak93
R
bbk shorty header to mid pipe gasket
  • randyyy
  • Sep 29, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
4
Views
442
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 29, 2025
randyyy
R
J
Emission problems
  • jls.zmmr
  • Feb 5, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
293
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Feb 7, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?