Fox Exhaust setup opinion?

James V

5 Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
Just recently installed a whole new exhaust setup on my 93 5.0 notch. I got the mac pro chamber mid pipes with flow master 44s for the mufflers. I love the sound but I kind of want louder. So heres my questions.

1. Is having mufflers and the prochamber kind of overkill, do I need mufflers?

2. Are the loudmouth mufflers good?

• Sponsors (?)

Ok, let me say first, thanks for the like. Second, yes I'm the guy in the neighborhood that yells at the kids to 'get off my lawn', of course they don't pay any attention to me. I expect you likely will not either, but that's ok, you're young and you likely have many years of hearing bliss, a loud exhaust is just that, loud, it serves no purpose but to annoy other people and kill your hearing, you will not be able to carry on a conversation with anyone in the car and after riding in it for more than half an hour will probably give you a headache.
I do have to say though, it was the best time of my life, stick some loud mouths or widow makers on that thing and have a blast!
Remember this when your older and your ears ring or sound like a constantly leaking air line.
And learn how to blip the throttle a couple times between gears Steve McQueen style!

• Loved It!
  • Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Yeah, that used to be me. Ran no cats and 40’s 25 years ago in my 86 GT. Best sounding car I ever owned!
Had a 95 Trans Am with Borla tune-able, and ran that as loud as it would go.
I love the sound of of a nice exhaust, but there’s a time and a place!!! If it’s the right place, then it’s the right time.;)

Ok, let me say first, thanks for the like. Second, yes I'm the guy in the neighborhood that yells at the kids to 'get off my lawn', of course they don't pay any attention to me. I expect you likely will not either, but that's ok, you're young and you likely have many years of hearing bliss, a loud exhaust is just that, loud, it serves no purpose but to annoy other people and kill your hearing, you will not be able to carry on a conversation with anyone in the car and after riding in it for more than half an hour will probably give you a headache.
I do have to say though, it was the best time of my life, stick some loud mouths or widow makers on that thing and have a blast!
Remember this when your older and your ears ring or sound like a constantly leaking air line.
And learn how to blip the throttle a couple times between gears Steve McQueen style!

You cannot associate stupidly loud mufflers with Steve McQueen...especially if you're making the point that running those annoying assed things are for the young..It doesn't go hand in hand..

Anybody younger than 30 doesn't even know who Steve McQueen was.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Just recently installed a whole new exhaust setup on my 93 5.0 notch. I got the mac pro chamber mid pipes with flow master 44s for the mufflers. I love the sound but I kind of want louder. So heres my questions.

1. Is having mufflers and the prochamber kind of overkill, do I need mufflers?

2. Are the loudmouth mufflers good?

1. Yes you need mufflers..new ones.
2. No.

• Agree
  • Loved It!
Reactions: 2 users
My real opinion of exhaust is...... if you can tell by the exhaust, that at a blip of the throttle, the car will take off, then your good.
The sound of that car at 10 mph that you can just tell will haul @$$.. that’s awesome!!

• Agree
I was not associating McQueen with loud exhaust, I was only talking about how cool it was to hear him double clutch that 4 speed!
Oh I know McQueen, its this guy right
FB73FCCF-AFCC-4D35-8E69-D9B90322FE9B.jpeg

You want loud, go fender dump if your below 11.5 like all the Street Outlaws.

Loud exhaust : Delta Ones, Black Widows, or headerpack

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Poor James v is gonna think we're a bunch of cartoon watch'n wierdos,
don't mind us, we're just have'n fun. Most of us have had loud exhaust and now we just want to talk to the passenger without yelling and hear the stereo.

• Haha
Poor James v is gonna think we're a bunch of cartoon watch'n wierdos,
don't mind us, we're just have'n fun. Most of us have had loud exhaust and now we just want to talk to the passenger without yelling and hear the stereo.

Cartoons..... I can still watch Tom and Jerry all day long. No words, no talk. Still awesome!

Reactions: 1 users
My car had SLP bullets and turn downs on it when I bought it. It came with Twisted Wedge H/C/I. It was too loud and I swapped the cat back to 3 chamber flowmasters. No drone and just loud enough for me.

In my young buck days I had a built 72 Chevelle with cherry bombs and obviously no cats, that thing was loud.
At that age I was out till all hours of the a.m. and even though I would just idle up the street my neighbors would
still complain I woke them up....ah good times.
Fast forward to now and I'm trying to come up with a quieter exhaust combo,
next I will be trying a set of Jones maxflows.