• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Exhaust Systems Made in the USA

  • Thread starter Thread starter nvmy03gt
  • Start date Start date Mar 4, 2011
N

nvmy03gt

Banned
Feb 17, 2011
2
0
0
Mar 4, 2011
#1
  • Mar 4, 2011
  • #1
I realize that many US Based performance companies have gone with overseas manufacturing of performance parts...Does anyone know what companies are making exhaust systems, mufflers, etc in the USA?....I am pretty sure Flowmaster, and Magnaflow are, but who else....any info would be appreciated
 
T

TXblack04gt

New Member
Dec 31, 2006
8
0
1
Mar 5, 2011
#2
  • Mar 5, 2011
  • #2
I believe that SSS exhausts are built in the USA as well.

Mustang Exhaust - SSS Mustang Cat Back Stainless Steel Systems Exhaust

I had one of their systems on my 04 GT and it sounded great but it was a little loud. I swapped out for a MagnaFlow setup. It is comparable in sound to a MagnaPack setup.
 

bhuff30

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
6,037
35
129
Olathe KS
Mar 5, 2011
#3
  • Mar 5, 2011
  • #3
Just to instigate trouble...

Your car came from the factory with a relatively high percentage of foreign sourced parts. I found some statistics online showing the 05 mustang has 35% of it's parts coming from out of the country. Even the older 1997 mustang had 15% foreign sourced parts. Just a fact of the global economy.
 

twogts4us

15 Year Member
Apr 1, 2004
4,188
12
79
Dunedin, FL
Mar 5, 2011
#4
  • Mar 5, 2011
  • #4
But I've got to give the guy props for wanting to buy American. If more people did this (ok, I know, it would require a lot more people) we could really make a dent in the influx of foreign parts. Make a difference. If this issue really bothers you, do something about it. The OP is making a difference, and my hat is off to him.
 
B

bdcardinal

tree hugger
Jun 10, 2003
3,612
16
69
santa barbara, CA
Mar 6, 2011
#5
  • Mar 6, 2011
  • #5
Pretty sure Borla is still all US made for US models at least.
 

Dark04GT

10 Year Member
Apr 27, 2008
758
62
59
NC
Mar 6, 2011
#6
  • Mar 6, 2011
  • #6
bdcardinal said:
Pretty sure Borla is still all US made for US models at least.
Click to expand...

From their website:
"BORLA doesn't stop with unsurpassed technology. We engineer and manufacture all our exhaust products in the USA of aircraft-quality T-304 stainless steel and back our street exhaust with a Million-Mile Warranty"

I am also a fan of buying american products. I go out of my way at home depot and other places to pay a little more for a USA product.
 

nyuk98gt

15 Year Member
Oct 10, 2000
1,427
6
79
Chesterfield, MO
Mar 6, 2011
#7
  • Mar 6, 2011
  • #7
nvmy03gt:

MagnaFlow and Kook's are made in the USA. Flowmaster, Pypes, too. I am pretty sure that you can find out where they manufacture stuff by checking the "About Us" page on the company websites. When in doubt, send the company an e-mail or call them. I prefer to phone so I can speak with a human rather than just get an electronic form letter reply. MustangExhaust.com has a banner ad here at StangNet - support 'em.

Chris
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
90
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
347
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Place to Avoid: Jamison Auto Group in Gulfport, MS
  • D Durden
  • Oct 20, 2025
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
46
Views
3K
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jul 16, 2026
Noobz347
B
'03 GT Fuel Pump/Pressure/Delivery Issue
  • Brodach
  • Oct 21, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
1K
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Oct 31, 2025
gkomo
SN Mustang Magnum T56 swap
  • revhead347
  • May 24, 2024
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
15
Views
7K
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Jun 28, 2026
GearHeadGuy
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?