EXHAUST THREAD...ALL Related Experiences Please Post!

94GTLaserRC

Squint as you approach, lest you be blinded by my
15 Year Member
Would like to have a thread for the new 2011 5.0 with anything relating to experiences with exhaust mods/changes. Including:

Axle-back
Cat-back
Full setups

Would like to hear any clips of changes to exhaust, +/- comments on the different exhausts out there, and links to best places to buy.

Havent seen/heard any locally yet..just on Youtube.

Please post here!!

Thanks
RC

• Sponsors (?)

IM leaning Corsa Xtreme at the present time:

I know it's about $350 more than the "standard" exhausts, MRT, Flowmaster, etc, but This car is going to be TOP-Notch. Dont want to put "stuff" on it just to say I have it. I actually like the sound of the Corsa (at least what I can hear from the videos). I listened to all 3 from the You Tube clips on Borla, and I dont like the "tin can" sound of them.

Any thoughts?
RC

This is actually pretty close to the "exact" sound Im looking for:

I just have a hard time paying that Price for Steeda's when the Corsas are the same price. Plus, the ad says "minimal" drone..Im not sure what that means. I would like to hear the sound on a Steeda car directly..which I may do soon here.
RC

Just installed Borla S-type exhaust system, it sounds GREAT! Bought it from Southern Car Parts ordered on Monday arrived on Wednesday and free shipping.

Only hold up is there is a slight rattle after the installation, only occurs when car has been driven for about 15 min and only in low RPMs. Took it back to the mechanic and it looks like the bracket at the muffler may be slightly too flexible. Any suggestions would be great!

I still highly recommend Borla just need to chase this issue down.

Just installed Borla S-type exhaust system, it sounds GREAT! Bought it from Southern Car Parts ordered on Monday arrived on Wednesday and free shipping.

Only hold up is there is a slight rattle after the installation, only occurs when car has been driven for about 15 min and only in low RPMs. Took it back to the mechanic and it looks like the bracket at the muffler may be slightly too flexible. Any suggestions would be great!

I got the Steedas installed last week (Made for Steeda BY Borla), but just havent gotten around to getting some sound clips. Every time I Start my car up for someone, I (and they) get a BIG GRIN from the purdy sound:hail2: Ill try to get some clips up soon.
RC

Thanks for the business!

I'll check with David over at Borla and see what he recommends!

Anyone else looking for a new exhaust for their 2011 check us out.

We have some specials going on right now.

Just send me the Part number and your zip code and I'll see if i can hook you up with a nice deal!

Mustang Exhaust

Ken