Exhaust tip idea (relocate and raise)

sixt9coug

Sep 30, 2009
Norwalk SoCal
Well guys I haz an idea!

Let me know if it will work. I have always liked the look of the Lexus LS460 style exhaust tips and after seeing them more on the road, I started to wonder they might look integrated into the rear bumper of my car. Well, I finally decided to photoshop them. If you don't know what the tips look like, here's a shot -

lexus_ls460_fabulous_back.jpg

I like it. However, not ever holding a set of the tips myself I know there will be some work to get them mounted and stuff, but hey, I can do body/paint and some mild welding need be.

First of all though.... I would need to tuck the stocker tails up higher. Is that possible without tearing things up too much? I am thinking another 3" or so. Anyone try it?

Here'e the 'chop of my idea. (I also 'chop dropped it to go along with my 1 year old, never installed 1.5" drop springs... yeah I'll get to it...)

MustangLexustips.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I say do it! Always hate how the pipes just sat there like a truck! They should always be molded into the bumper! But id leave the plastic from the bumper in between the pipes there if that makes sense lol. Then it'd be mint!

I say do it! Always hate how the pipes just sat there like a truck! They should always be molded into the bumper! But id leave the plastic from the bumper in between the pipes there if that makes sense lol. Then it'd be mint!

Oh, most definitely the plastic will be there. Mine IS there, but it's satin black, and I'd keep it that way.

Does anyone know offhand if there is enough room for the tips? I assume I'll be using 2.5in tips or similar. I doubt 3" tips would be any benefit in this situation, and it's not like a cat-back would be anything other than 2.5" or so anyway. Is the gas tank centered well enough so I can plot the tips right about there?

I'm in bed now and don't feel like going outside. (lazy, and want instant gratification lol)