• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

Exhaust ???

  • Thread starter Thread starter '00GT5spd
  • Start date Start date Jun 4, 2004
0

'00GT5spd

New Member
Jun 4, 2004
9
0
0
Houston
Jun 4, 2004
#1
  • Jun 4, 2004
  • #1
On the sound clip given below, it says the guy has magnaflow catback with and offroad h-pipe, BTW I love the way it sounds. Anyway, if I were to get this catback system, would I get the exact same sound if I used a mustang tuning offroad x pipe instead of the offroad h?

Exhaust Clip

Thanks!
 

96SOHC

New Member
Apr 26, 2004
58
0
0
TN
Jun 4, 2004
#2
  • Jun 4, 2004
  • #2
[QUOTE='00GT5spd]On the sound clip given below, it says the guy has magnaflow catback with and offroad h-pipe, BTW I love the way it sounds. Anyway, if I were to get this catback system, would I get the exact same sound if I used a mustang tuning offroad x pipe instead of the offroad h?

Exhaust Clip

Thanks![/QUOTE]
00GT5SPD,

Similar, but not the same. Typically the "X" pipe has a raspy (is that a word?) sound to it.
 
B

barthy00GT

New Member
Jul 2, 2004
76
0
0
Dickinson North Dakota
Jul 5, 2004
#3
  • Jul 5, 2004
  • #3
not 100% I know what your looking for but, where i'm from i have a 00GT with full exhaust (BBK long tube headers, BBK shorty X-pipe w/ no cats, and American Thunder series cat back) which sounds very mean, i haven't noticed a raspy sound to it like a lot of people caim to get.
The other car i have heard with full exhaust is a 5.0 95GT He has BBK headers (not long tube for sure) BBK H-pipe and flow master catback. I hear more of a raspy sounds out of the H-pipe than my X-pipe. It could have somthing to do with his being a 5.0 and mine being a 4.6 but either way you want to go about it they sound real good and very mean.
This is what i've come to understand about H vs. X and that is that the H-pipe will give you more of a muscle sound like out of the 60's and the X-pipe will give you a more exotic sound like an Italian car would have, but with more of a muscle sound. Either way you choose to go you car will sound meaner. I went with the X-pipe because most GTs come with factory H-pipes.

2000 GT
BBK full length headers
BBK shorty X-pipe w/ no cats
Flowmaster American Thunder Series
BBK cool air intake
BBK 75mm Throdle body
BBK Underdrive pullies
BBK chrome valve covers
Ford racing drive line
Hurst short throw shifter
lowered 1.5 inches
03 cobra 18 inch rims
steeda 2 inch hood
steeda front chine splinter
cobra R rear spoiler
black with blue flames airbrushed on
 

downsouthman1

Member
Dec 16, 2003
643
0
16
Texas
Jul 5, 2004
#4
  • Jul 5, 2004
  • #4
H-pipes & Xs will always sound different, even given the same brand pipe. For the most part you'll get better sound out of an H-pipe but somewhat better performance out of an X. I like the way the X-pipe sounds on my car. But even I must admit that w/ my Long Tubes my car is extremely raspy, which I like. Also, when off the gas pedal & while the RPMs drop in gear there is an awful lot of popping & burbling. Very loud, but I like it that way.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

J
Engine 4.6 Running rough at half throttle
  • jake411
  • Aug 3, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
203
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Aug 4, 2026
jake411
J
New Exhaust for 408w stroker
  • SadbutTrue
  • Sep 10, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
109
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Sep 10, 2026
nickyb
Exhaust Exhaust resonance
  • keel
  • Jul 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
10
Views
329
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 11, 2026
keel
C
Need MIL Eliminators?
  • crazyone64
  • May 18, 2026
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
252
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech May 21, 2026
GOvert
G
L
Is catback worth it over axle backs?
  • Lorencarson
  • May 15, 2025
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
757
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- May 15, 2025
89ripper
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?