exhust problems!!!! hangs low

Ive been having major problems with my H pipe and rear exhust. I have BBK long tubes and a BBk h pipe. I bolt it all up and it comes lose. my H pipe hangs so low I hit all the time. I put the hanger on the H pipe on the hanger on the tranny. I cant figure it out. I pulled in to a gas station and ripped off my cat back. Yes there was a stang on the side of the road broke down. It sucked! What can I do? I am about to go to dumps!
 
It can be a couple things. Either your Hpipe isn't bent at the proper angle or your catback is messed or both. What catback do you have? If it's only the hpipe that hangs too low than take it to a exhaust shop and they can bend it up for you.
 
Well with you having longtubes that puts you at a disadvantage right there in respect to clearance...they naturally hang low and therefore since the hpipe is connected to your "low" longtubes then that is most likely the cause...

If they keep coming loose (bolts)...then tighten them down harder...and if that don't work put some high-temp loc-tite on the nuts for the temperature of the exhaust...

Yeah...use the rubber hangers if possible...and make sure everything is in proper alignment...make sure the circled ends of the exhaust sit evenly in the open ends of the exhaust (kind of like the male-female ends when referring to electronics)...I know that didn't make sense...but most of the aftermarket exhaust bolt-on systems have a ball joint type joining...

I personally just use my exhaust hangers on my catback but not on my h-pipe and don't have any problems but I have shorty headers (no longtubes)

Good Luck
 
If your lowered and have long tubes, you'll have to fix it at a muffler shop and just live with it unless you have shorty headers. Even My H-pipe rubbed with shortiy headers. My car is lowered and hits pebbles as it drives down the road. Just my fact of life. Not sure if I am going to lower the new Cobra. Too much scraping.


Chris