f303 Cam Degree Problems

hfmetal13

Oct 30, 2010
I recently installed an F303 Cam into my 302 and I am getting some abnormal results when clocking the cam.

The cam card reads @.050 lift
IO 4º BTC
IC 42º ABC
EO 52º BBC
EC 6º BTC

I am getting the following results when aligned straight up
IO 16º BTC
IC 54º ABC
EO 63º BBC
EC 5º BTC

I planned on calling Ford Racing however they are closed for the weekend. I thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone has encountered a similar issue.

THANX!

• Sponsors (?)

Wow...as long as your confident in your numbers that is ground way off...only happens when the pin is located in the wrong postion or ythe key on your crank is off. Never seen one that far off however...

Do you have a mulitple position timing chain, where you can advance or retard it and get the correct numbers?

Do you have your dial indicator on the lifter or the rocker? If at the rocker you can be a little off due to deflection.

I suspect that maybe the cam was stamped with an F303 SN yet it may be a completely different PN all together. I have tested and retested. I keep coming to the same result. Im going to give fordracing a call. Ill post their response.

I ended up installing an E303 that I had laying around the house to check my set up. I degreed it out and got a perfect Intake open @ .050 0º BTC. It looks like the F303 was mis-stamped as it does have the F303 PN and SN stamped into the rear. Now I just have to workout exchanging the cam with Ford Racing. Grrr. This was a weird one. Thanks for your input!