factory motorcraft plugs

• Sponsors (?)

The motorcraft plugs are good. The main problem with your statment is that you would use them on any engine, no matter how heavily modified. That is bad juju. For example, if you have a supercharger, use nitrous, or even a turbo...you are going to want to run different plugs. First, you can't (well, not recommended too...) gap an iriduim plug (came standard on PI cars....maybe NPI cars, but know mine was an iridium). You also need a different heat range plug for different things. I know that in my build, I am going 2 heat ranges cooler NGK BR7EFs.

There are just way too many variables to say the stock plug works for everything.

Reactions: 1 user
The motorcraft plugs are good. The main problem with your statment is that you would use them on any engine, no matter how heavily modified. That is bad juju. For example, if you have a supercharger, use nitrous, or even a turbo...you are going to want to run different plugs. First, you can't (well, not recommended too...) gap an iriduim plug (came standard on PI cars....maybe NPI cars, but know mine was an iridium). You also need a different heat range plug for different things. I know that in my build, I am going 2 heat ranges cooler NGK BR7EFs.

There are just way too many variables to say the stock plug works for everything.

This.

Motorcraft plugs are ok for most people but when you start modding you may need something different.

I also see yalls point. And also people with colder thermostats I don't understand because heat is horsepower and basic automotive engineering and dynos prove the hotter you can run an engine without problems the more horsepower or output you get.

Higher temps can reduce piston ring friction and increase power but higher temps can also increase the propensity for detonation to set in which will be certain death for a stock shortblock under a supercharger.

For my blown combo I run the 160-degree thermostat KB supplied with their kit for a reason.