Fastest Totally Stock Engine Fox

Shaun1212

Oct 20, 2009
toronto, canada
Anyone out there have any times comparable to this? Not my car so I'm not bragging. Just wondering how fast people have gone with totally untouched stock motor.

These were only mods allowed in his class of racing.

untouched motor
battery in trunk
open headers
any rear end
any suspension mods
any gear
any slick

all he did was make his own ram air and take out headlight
he has a 9 inch with 4.56 but with a taller slick
12 by 28 tall
90/10 in the front
4 link in the rear

he shifted at 4600 cuz thats when the stock cam stops making power.

That hooked like hell and lifted the wheels a ft in the air.
Best time (track record) 12.38 @ 107
totally stock motor

he put on 100hp spray once for fun and went 11.2 @ 118

• Sponsors (?)

think a guy at one of the super stallion races has one running 10's with a 100% stock motor with a tin can for a body...

Interesting...

.....I'm asking what are some of everyones times first time at the track? Maybe you have exhaust and gears but stock engine. Just curious. Or what was your setup your first time and what you ran... C'mon lets see some numbers people....
Mine was 13.9 @ 99......87 lx trunk flowmasters and 3.73's. I was running low 14's all day and was just dying to get a 13 second pass and was happy as hell when I did.

To capri debris

I always wanted an 85 capri bubble back. My first car wa a crap brown 79 hatch 4cyl. Motor broke so I got a Junkyard 302 and a C-4, bought the mechanic manual and made the switch. Learned as I went. Funny thing was my older brother's friend still had his 82 capri rs sitting rusting away. He scraped it, meanwhile I would have killed for that car.
Found a 69 stang at the scrapyard, took the heads and intake. Got a used 4 barrel and it went pretty good. No one believed it was a 5.0. I always lost at the start but if I caught a newer stang and we hit it on a roll a always pulled away a bit. Boy were they shocked

My fathers car with a midpipe, headers, 3.55s, LCAs and a K&N went 13.31 @ 101 on a pair of Hoosiers. I think he might have bumped the timing also. Had Ponys out front, Turbines out back, and a terrible 1.8 60' (terrible looking back).

My engine is completely bone stock. Only mods i have on the car are shortie headers, highflow catted x pipe, mac mufflers and flowmaster tailpipes, and a k&n panel filter in stock box. I Also have upper and lower control arms but other then that, bone stock. Stock trans, gears, engine.. I have GT40 heads and an explorer intake waiting to go on should i run the car before i install?? :)

Brian - At that time i had the car together and running for all of 4 days! I was trying to be as easy as i could on it since so many parts were new, i wanted to properly break it in. I ended up beating a little bit on it. :D

Had you lined up with me you would have blown my doors off haha! My car is really slow. Stop light to stop light it doesnt seem to bad. When i get out in the open and really get on it, i feel like i can take a nap while the RPM's climb. Hopefully the intake, heads, and roller rockers (i have some underdrives too) will help it a little bit. :(

Next season we need to get together again man!!! We can share house ideas this time lol

Yeah, I figured as much, I am usually the one picking on faster cars :D.

Heads and such will definately help.

Tell me about house stuff, never seems to end. I have had one night since moving in that I had nothing pressing to do. It felt weird! LOL