Favorite Car Of Your Teens/early Years...

Friend in HS (89’) bought a 79’ Trans Am (special edition ;ws-6 suspensions) with rare 3.23 gears (403/auto). I fell in love with that ride.
2 years later another friend purchase a 91’ GT 5 speed and takes me for a ride. Seemed like it was a rocket!
Purchased my 90’ 5.0 19 yrs ago and purchased my 79’ SE Trans Am two years ago.

That TA is gorgeous!

• Sponsors (?)

1992–baseball practice. I played on a baseball team and I played with two twin brothers. Their Dad pulled up in a brand new GT Vert put the top down and those twin bros hopped out. Fell in love with Fox bodies. Blue and silver. Never forget it.

For me my dream car was a 1970 Grabber green Mustang with the 351 Cleveland. A woman at the end of my street owned it as her daily driver. God I loved that car. They ended up getting divorced and moving away. The husband ended up with that car. After 10 years their oldest son who had turned 18 and was old enough to go in a bar would come back to WNY, I bugged him every time I saw him to tell his dad I wanted to buy that car. I finally had a decent job but I drove 40 miles every day to Buffalo to work. So I drove past a big Ford dealer everyday and they had the new [83] Ford Rangers. So one day I stopped and they had a nice looking Silver Ranger with black and red pin striping, after a couple of weeks of seeing it everyday I stopped and bought it. You know what happened the next time the son came back, Oh yea the dad finally said he would sell it to me. Aaarrrrggghhhh.
grabber green.jpg

I owned three Volvo's when I was a teenager. I had a '75 242, rolled that car over and drive it home when I was 15. A '78 264 with that horrible 2.8L V6, it ended up in the junkyard, and a '79 244 that I rebuilt the engine and drove for a few years in high school and shortly after graduation. Sold that car to a friends dad, who promptly set it on fire because he used ether to start it and backfired through the intake. Those cars are absolute tanks.

Now, I own one of my dream cars. It's my 1993 GT I purchased back in May. My other dream car is a 1967 Eleanor clone from Gone In 60 Seconds with Nick Cage.

I would love to pick one up for a daily. Throw a turbo at the i4. There was a member on here years back who swapped in a 5.0 in his

I was convinced this was the car I was gonna own once I was old enough to drive, a 1982 Corvette, then puberty kicked in, got too damn tall and killed that
So I got what everyone else had....a Camaro. Wish I had been smart enough to keep it.
228201-1.jpg
FB_IMG_1507663739447-1.jpg

Last edited:
I would love to pick one up for a daily. Throw a turbo at the i4. There was a member on here years back who swapped in a 5.0 in his

I remember there was a kit to swap a Ford 5.0 into the 240 series. I always wanted to do one that way. Or do a turbo swap into an older one like a P1800. My brother had an old 1971 142, that car was awesome.

As a kid in the 70's I didn't have one particular favorite. My dad had a 68 Chevelle SS, which was stock. Our neighbor had a nasty Roadrunner and yet another neighbor had the older square body Chevelle. I always figured one day I would have a classic muscle car of my own but by the mid-80's (my high school years) cars like the 85 GT, Iroc Camaro and the mighty Grand National had gotten my attention. The same neighbor that owned the Roadrunner bought the first GN I ever saw. I knew it was some kind of Regal but something was different. It looked sooo damn cool. Still it was the "5.0" I was really interested in and somewhere around the end of '87 I got an '85 GT. Hard to believe that was 30 years ago. Although the '85 is long gone I haven't been without a Fox body since.

Porsche 911. My father had a 69 targa. Loved that car. Air cooled Porsches have all turned into unobtainium :(
Darn you!
Now I'm looking at them again! The air cooled are too much given the mileage, but...
Found a super low mile 1 owner 997 S local, 6spd, ceramic brakes, chrono package... for a very fair price... darn you!

As a teenager my favorite was & still is the Chevelle SS 396.So in 67 I ordered one from the factory.Butternut yellow, black inside w/ bucket seats.Four on the floor 411 posi. total = $3,300 . But my absolute fave is the 70 SS Chevelle. Looked high & low for a few years recently to find one.But their either junk or 100 +K.

Darn you!
Now I'm looking at them again! The air cooled are too much given the mileage, but...
Found a super low mile 1 owner 997 S local, 6spd, ceramic brakes, chrono package... for a very fair price... darn you!
porsche_356a_1955_wallpapers_1.jpg
I'm on the hunt for a clean beetle chassis to build one of these. I still have the running gear and engine from my vw in highschool. Mustang may go to the chopping block for this one.

First car was a 58 Volvo PV444, 1600 cc four banger, single carb, three on the floor. Pulled the resonator off and it sounded like a glass pack, woohooo! Would do 105 on flat ground after my Dad tuned it up. 110 down the four mile hill in town. (the passenger in that trip is long dead from gunshot wounds, go figure).

It lasted four months of my senior year, and burned a quart of oil every tank.

Got a 65 Mustang 260 two barrel auto coupe. The oil pump drive shaft broke on the trip home from picking it up, so my Dad and I spent the first weekend with it dropping the pan to fix that and install new rod bearings.

Hit a telephone pole and stone fence post a week later. My Dad gave me the opportunity to learn bodywork. Loved that car for three more year until New Hampshire snow and salt took its toll.

Loved Mustangs and small block Fords ever since!

Last edited:
Hit a telephone pole and stone fence post a week later. My Dad gave me the opportunity to learn bodywork. Loved that car for three more year until New Hampshire snow and salt took its toll.

This sounds like what happened to my 1966 Mustang, with the exception that mine didn't get fixed. I managed to hit a tree dead center in the grill while sideways on a gravel road. I had the car a grand total of 2 months at the time. I loved it, and it looked pretty good from a distance, but it was full of bondo and rust underneath. With a 289 2 barrel and a C4 auto, it sure felt quick, at least compared to my mom's 85 Grand Marquis.