• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-

Few Fixes

  • Thread starter Thread starter usaf_branham
  • Start date Start date Oct 18, 2014

usaf_branham

15 Year Member
Oct 30, 2008
927
134
84
Boston
Oct 18, 2014
#1
  • Oct 18, 2014
  • #1
My car has been p***ing me off lately, so I decided to tackle a few of the issues that I either half ass installed, or band-aid fixed in the past.

For starters:
I've had a nice pioneer head unit in my car for about 2 years and never could get it to sound very good. I used the supplied kit from crutchfield to install it, but it has never sounded as good as it did with the stock head unit. I finally figured it out. I installed a JBL 1000 10inch woofer in a ported box (package deal) with an old school MTX Thunder 240 amp. I moved the two RCA's that came with the crutchfield kit to the Rear Amp Preouts and set them as full range speakers. Adjusted the HPF and the subwoofer LPF. Now it sounds better than stock... which is to be expected. The only problem I am having now is that I cant seem to locate what ever is rattling in the trunk.

I finally took my catted mid-pipe and welded an o2 sensor bung about 4 inches behind the collector on the passenger side for my wide band. I bought a 2nd o2 sensor bung for my o/r x-pipe as well. I have had the wideband installed in the drivers side collector and using the analog out to simulate a stock o2 sensor... car has been throwing a code for o2 sensor heater (since I clipped the stock sensor wires).

I have been trying to get in touch with my tuner as well. I have an sct chip in the car, but I want him to put the tune on a hand held for me. At that point, I can do some data-logging and he could fix my WOT fuel tables (10.2 to 10.9 afr at WOT) as well as the P0405 the car has been throwing since the day after he tuned it. Of course it is a bit difficult for me to get in touch with him being that I am in SC now and he is in OH. Oh well.

Worse case scenario, I will put a glenns performance return style fuel system in the car along with 60lb injectors and an SCT BA2600 next tax season (to fix the other band aided crap), then take it up to Pro-Dyno for a retune.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
A/F ratio gauge install questions.
  • AngryH58
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
86
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 24, 2026
squeak93
Engine Keeping O2 sensors lit with long tube headers
  • keel
  • Jul 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
214
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 21, 2026
Qtrhrse23
L
Electrical problems with passenger side downstream o2 sensor
  • Lexiii12
  • Sep 14, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
88
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Lexiii12
L
I
Engine Help requested in identifying how to resolve engine light issue
  • Ianslaney
  • Sunday at 2:23 PM
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
57
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Sunday at 2:40 PM
Bullitt347
G
Idle surging after warm up
  • GALLY3309
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
1
Views
206
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jun 10, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?