• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

FINALLY....12's

  • Thread starter Thread starter VibrantRedGT
  • Start date Start date Nov 13, 2004

VibrantRedGT

"STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER"
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
14,679
424
154
Boca Raton, Florida
Nov 13, 2004
#1
  • Nov 13, 2004
  • #1
Let me be the first to say CONGRATS! Nice almost 110MPH trap.
 

zenboy99

Founding Member
May 12, 2002
2,212
0
47
Madison, WI
Nov 13, 2004
#2
  • Nov 13, 2004
  • #2
Well I finally did it, I was the happiest guy in the world today.

12.87 @ 109.98
60 foot = 1.95

The track was really cold so it was hard to hook up even with a long smoky burnout. My clutch is toast, no second gear chirp, just a nice clutch smell. Air temp was a nice 50 degrees.

First run:
13.10 @ 108.2 1.99 60 foot

Second run:
13.000 @ 106.8 1.91 60 foot
After this run, I said more swear words in 10 seconds then I did in the last 27 years of my life. one thousandth of a second from 12's!

third run:
12.87 @ 106.4 1.91 60 foot

Fourth run:
12.87 @ 109.98 1.95 60 foot
I let the car sit for over an hour before this run, and the clutch caught good in second gear and I actually got a little chirp.

My friend just gave me a set of rims with ET streets for next weekend, hopefully I can figure out how to launch the car a little better. The clutch is so unpredictable its hard to determine how to let it loose. I'll post up the 1/8th mile times when I get back home, I'm currently celebrating my accomplishment at a local brewery.

I know I say this in half of my posts, but this car has 170,000 miles on it, with the stock short block, stock clutch and stock T5 and is driven daily to and from work.

I'd like to thank all of you on stangnet for all of your help and encouragment over the years, I owe part of this accomplishment to you. Several of you pm'd me with suggestions the last few weeks without me asking.
 

Stangfreak95

add a 4
Founding Member
Nov 4, 2002
3,571
0
0
In your sister. If none, your mom
Nov 13, 2004
#3
  • Nov 13, 2004
  • #3
Congrats Welcome to the club.
 

HoofnIt

Founding Member
Jan 8, 2001
1,175
0
36
North Carolina
Nov 13, 2004
#4
  • Nov 13, 2004
  • #4
That's awesome! 11's are next, huh?
 

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
1,976
0
36
Cape Cod, MA
Nov 13, 2004
#5
  • Nov 13, 2004
  • #5
woah good job man, show us coups can also!
 

Joes95GT

New Member
Jan 23, 2003
3,132
1
0
Delaware
Nov 13, 2004
#6
  • Nov 13, 2004
  • #6
That's quite a feat with as many miles as you have. These 5.0's are virtually bulletproof, but an engine is an engine. You probably don't have nearly the compression that some do. That's an excellent accomplishment.

Congrats.

Joe
 

Grn92LX

Fidanza Man!
Founding Member
Jan 14, 2001
6,819
64
129
New York
Nov 14, 2004
#7
  • Nov 14, 2004
  • #7
Nice, feels good to finally get it right? I remember when I first got my 12sec slip, I was happy as chit!

I think your asking a lot from that stock clutch to hold an ET Street launch, but go for it You should bring the RPM upper and make a few passes with it as well. I wish I could make a few passes with the way mines running now, but we have no track anymore I feel a 112+ definatly. I wonder what it'll do with the Vortech
 

Killercanary

The car that set the bar.
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
5,676
1
76
Altoona, PA
Nov 14, 2004
#8
  • Nov 14, 2004
  • #8
AWESOME!!! Congrats on the new times, I can't wait to see what it'll do with the ET streets on there!
 
W

wytstang

Mustang Master
Mar 14, 2004
4,988
4
78
Summerville,SC missing South Fl. weather :(
Nov 14, 2004
#9
  • Nov 14, 2004
  • #9
Congrats on the 12 sec run
 
9

94DreamGT

Founding Member
Jul 19, 2000
593
0
16
Indiana
Nov 14, 2004
#10
  • Nov 14, 2004
  • #10
Congrats.

If you DIDN'T get a 12 this time out, I would've had to personally drive the 5 hour trip up there and jump in your car to do it myself.

Where was this at...GLD?
 

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
4,548
41
98
MAINE
Nov 14, 2004
#11
  • Nov 14, 2004
  • #11
ahh 12's, hopefully next yr I'll get to run the car and get my own 12sec slip.
 

RIO5.0

15 Year Member
Feb 16, 2001
6,892
8
128
N.H.
Nov 14, 2004
#12
  • Nov 14, 2004
  • #12
Striped5.0 said:
ahh 12's, hopefully next yr I'll get to run the car and get my own 12sec slip.
Click to expand...

What he said... Congrats to ya...
 

zenboy99

Founding Member
May 12, 2002
2,212
0
47
Madison, WI
Nov 14, 2004
#13
  • Nov 14, 2004
  • #13
Thanks for all the praise guys.

94DreamGT said:
Where was this at...GLD?
Click to expand...

This was at Byron Illinois, its only an hour and half away from me.
 
9

95redSVT

New Member
Dec 20, 2003
35
0
0
Nov 14, 2004
#14
  • Nov 14, 2004
  • #14
heh I wish my car would pull 12's, at the moment it might make 12 minutes since she is in critical condition on a set of jackstands. Nice work on the times. 12's and around 450rwhp are my total goal for my car.
 

zenboy99

Founding Member
May 12, 2002
2,212
0
47
Madison, WI
Nov 14, 2004
#15
  • Nov 14, 2004
  • #15
These were my 1/8th mile times for my best run:

8.324 @ 86.14

On my 3rd run I went:

8.299 @ 84.29
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

N
New from North Alabama
  • nate1988
  • Apr 11, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
232
The Welcome Wagon Apr 16, 2026
Supramcaz
Hello from Washington State!
  • Daddys Lil Filly
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
5
Views
204
The Welcome Wagon Jun 10, 2026
Daddys Lil Filly
3.08 gears with a manual trans
  • limp
  • Aug 27, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
43
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Qtrhrse23
L
2003 mustang v6 3.8 fuel issue
  • lacole1
  • Jul 20, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
146
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Jul 26, 2026
apple99Mustangdude
A
B
Engine Another no start after washing engine bay
  • bruno
  • Apr 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
883
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?