Finally! AFR/FTI Dyno AND Track Results are In

• Sponsors (?)

Jeremy

Your good results at the dyno & strip have been making me think a lot about my car's possibilities.

I put on a tb, maf, & dialed in the tune for them and it pulls a lot harder from mid to upper rpms.

My plan was to get back to the dyno and go to the strip and shoot for a 12.xx sec pass after the new parts but life has not allowed me to do so.

Lots of medical bills, everything breaking around the house, even on the car (water pump & harmonic balancer) have taken a higher priority over the car and it looks like it will be after summer before I can play with the car again.

I really do want to believe that I can get simular results as yours when I get the chance. :worship:

You have SO MUCH potential with your car and without a lot of effort or expense on your part. Just more time at the strip to try different things will talke a lot of time away.

If you want to throw some more $$$ at the car, hmm lets see, short belt, chip or tuning device for a tune that is right on the money, intake better suited for higher rpm, 4.10's, a few changes to the suspension for lower 60 foots, slicks, shed some more weight like light wheels & tires. Many, many things you could do!!!

Wow Jeremy, very low 12's are within your reach with very little hassle. :banana:

I see high 11's but some street ability would mostly be lost.

Keep up the good work and I look forward to your progress. :nice:

Later
Grady

Congrats on your times, 94DreamGT!!! I hope I get really good results out of my combo too. I don't have the FTI cam but I'll have the Edel Performer, AFR 185s, and F303. I'll be pulling my motor out this week to start the rebuild/build-up. I have to get my new pistons pressed on my rods so I have to pull the motor before the weekend(I was trying to knock out this rebuild/build-up in a weekend). I'm not gonna expect anything better than low 13s but if I dip into the 12 I'll be more than happy.

Congrats on those numbers! That is quite an accomplishment. I guess the dyno is one thing but to hit the track and rip off a 12.89 that's SWEEEET!!!

Only time will tell what my combo is going to produce. I now have the AFR 165s sitting out in the garage :D . I'll be using Crower's 15511 w/1.7 rr and a Tmoss ported lower and stock Cobra upper. I will begin the swap in about two weeks. If I can take it to the track and hit 12's right off, I'll buy my wife a new sofa!

tmoss said:
He can get some more power from that intake by porting the lower, when and if he needs it.
:Start shameless plug for Tom:

Tom's ported GT40 style intakes are as good as they come. If you paid a shop to do it, you probably will pay 3-times too much. You aren't going to get any better port quality from anywhere else, plus Tom cleans up the manifold really nice too.

:End shameless plug for Tom:

:D

Joe

tmoss said:
He can get some more power from that intake by porting the lower, when and if he needs it.

Ok Tom...so what are you thinking here? I would be interested in keeping the Cobra if I knew it could match the performance of a Edel Performer. How much are we talking for one of your port jobs? PM me if you like.

I think the key to my times is the fact that it makes over 300rwtq from 3000rpm-5200rpm. I can probably attribute most of that to the heads and Ed's cam. Unfortunately, with all that torque comes the traction issues, even with the DR's. Of course that's a problem I'm not too upset about.

Next time at the track, I want to experiment a little with my shift points. I was shifting around 6100rpm on almost all my shifts...maybe it could of benefited from a little higher or lower points? Someone want to look at my dyno graph and chime in on that?

Grady: I think...wait...no...I KNOW your car has every bit the potential as mine. I was patient for a long time before I could do all of this to my car, sometimes that's all it takes. Thanks for all the words of encouragement.

ps...Sig is now officially updated ;)

94GTLaserRC said:
Nice job, and you topped the 300hp mark :nice:

WYTSTANG: You are not too far from Joe, Jose, Javi, Roger and me.
(oh, and you may want to lose that avatar...not for me, but for Stangnet)

RC
With gas prices the way they are anywhere is to far for me :p . (As far as the avatar its probably alit to much i'll change it I don't want any problems.)
EDIT: avatar changed just in case

94DreamGT said:
Ok Tom...so what are you thinking here? I would be interested in keeping the Cobra if I knew it could match the performance of a Edel Performer.

Next time at the track, I want to experiment a little with my shift points. I was shifting around 6100rpm on almost all my shifts...maybe it could of benefited from a little higher or lower points? Someone want to look at my dyno graph and chime in on that?

The Performer flows about 220-230cfm stock, the Cobra is 205-210 with the most restriction in the lower. You can port the lower and get up to 240-250 cfm from the Cobra without going overboard on the port work. Now, if you work the Performer, it will probably maintain an edge on the RIGHT parts. It's all in how the combination works together.

I put your torque curve in an Excel program I built and for the 1-2 and 2-3 shift your 6,100 is about right, but for the 3-4 I would shift at 5,200-5,400 and see if you mph and ET pick up.