Finally got another 5.0!!!

Zero Signal

Feb 24, 2003
Tucson, AZ
Ooops I didn't mean to post it in tech! Feel free to move it to talk, my bad!

But this one is 4WD and is sooooo not black :nice:

View attachment 499491
View attachment 499493
Gotta go pick up a blank spare cover
View attachment 499495
Rockin the extinguisher
View attachment 499497

Some info:
- 94 Bronco XL, City of Tucson fleet truck untill 2 months ago
- White Ext./Tan Int. (black rubber floor mat which I prefer over carpet)
- 105,000 miles
- 302 ci
- Brand new 31x10.5 BFG AT's on stock rims (getting some Eaton 15x8's)
- Manual windows, manual door locks, rear window works perfectly
- Interior is in near perfect condition
- engine runs very well, exhuast is silent, idles smooth, runs cool
- tranny shifts perfectly, 4WD works, even the auto-hubs still work
- the top is as white as the paint, it's perfect

My dad is the fleet control supervisor for the city so he pulled the entire service record on the truck all the way down to every oil change up untill 103,000 miles. It hasn't needed or had any repair done for 3 yrs, just scheduled PM.

The only flaws it has are: Some scratches on the doors where the city scraped off there logo. Some of the chrome on the front grille is about to bubble off. The headlights are sort of starting to yellow, but thats an easy fix. It's screaming for a step rail under the door. And the only other thing is that it needs a new water pump. The current one is leaking but not too much. That will be my Saturday project along with a good steam clean to the engine and tranny.

In the end, I payed $4230 for it and I'm happy.

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah I'm glad I bought it, especially now that the Stang is acting up again. My plans for it are: AR Baja or Eaton 15x8 wheels, the step, roof rack with a couple KC lights, a 4" lift and eventually a good winch. Other than that it will stay stock. I might talk to the insurance company to find out what it will cost to swap the cars so the truck is the DD and stang is the secondary/recreational vehicle.

Zero Signal said:
Yeah I'm glad I bought it, especially now that the Stang is acting up again. My plans for it are: AR Baja or Eaton 15x8 wheels, the step, roof rack with a couple KC lights, a 4" lift and eventually a good winch. Other than that it will stay stock. I might talk to the insurance company to find out what it will cost to swap the cars so the truck is the DD and stang is the secondary/recreational vehicle.

What's your car doing? That's bad news...

Well Laura has been driving it and finally the car stopped running. I went to campus to check it out. . . the MAF harness fell off!! I hooked it up and all better, phew!

Hey Scott, I fixed my exhuast leak at the crossover tube with soem steel hose clamps last week. Well on my way to Phoenix on Saturday I spring a NASTY leak somewhere. It was so bad it sounded like a train when I got on the pedal. It turned out, that our aluminum tape over the EGR tube finally blew off, lol. I'll be fixing that in the morning.