FINALLY got front Eibach springs installed. Pic (Low Qual)

MustangLX-5.0

Founding Member
Dec 2, 2000
Lehigh Acres Fla.
well I finally got the dumb springs installed.Thanks to 91Saleen for the tip on using the hose clamps.And thanks to everyone else for your help.

The hose clamp idea was the best idea I've ever heard of.Why? Because it made putting these things on like cake.If I would've known this way back when,I could've saved myself a major headache and not wasted so much time.I used 7 (4 inch) hose clamps.Just overlapped 3 on each side while it was compressed and dropped one in the middle.Got them over 4 coils worth of wrap.After I put them on,the clamps were more than enough.They were actually compressing the spring more than the compressor.And believe me,I had the compressor locked on the spring real tight to meet the gap I had to fit in.The compressor studs actually had a 5 degree bend on them.Yeah,I was more afraid of the compressor studs breaking rather than the clamps.After using this,I can assure you,the hose clamps were no where's near to breaking.They wern't even that tight.Just dropped the spring in and lifted the jack.Got some scratches on the spring but I don't care about that.I even removed the clamps by unscrewing them and saved some bucks.

I took a pic while I was out there.Not the best though as it was with the crappy cell phone camera.

Attachments

• 0906072156 - Spring.jpg
    0906072156 - Spring.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Sponsors (?)

Ha that was me who gave you that brillant idea. FINALLY someone else used it, i dont know how many times i've told people to do it that way but NOBODY ever listens. :nonono: Was it not the easiest piece of cake in the world? Like you said, i pissed around for about 4 hours with all those different spring compressors and then i got the hose clamp idea and i about killed myself after i figured out how EASY it was. If i only i'd known ahead of time! But your welcome! :D

P.S We need pictures of the lowered stance now! :nice:

Yeah,they should post your idea in the problem solver thread.Because this "does" work and aside from everything else I tried,it was the easiest.I probably could've gotten away with 6 clamps but I threw the middle one in for extra safety.

I don't have a lot of time to work on this car.I am either tired from a 12 hour day,2 hours of which is traffic.Taking care of other issues which never end and then there's the rain and the fact I have no garage at home.If it's not raining,it's the sun beating down on you at 96 degrees hot.So 3 months.

I'll have pics as soon as I get the rear end done.I'm putting things together in an odd order.Did steering rack,springs,struts,sway bar, and now the brakes.Allready have all the parts,except for the rear brakes which desperately needs overhauling bad.So will do as soon as this car sits on the ground on all 4 wheels.

Yeah,they should post your idea in the problem solver thread.Because this "does" work and aside from everything else I tried,it was the easiest.I probably could've gotten away with 6 clamps but I threw the middle one in for extra safety.

Thats what i thought! When i did mine, i was freaked out when carrying it to the a-arm from the compressor but it holds really well actually ha. I def wouldn't play catch with it or something but still ha. GOod luck man! :nice: