7 KB · Views: 58
  • picture005rp8.jpg
    picture005rp8.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 61
  • picture006im2.jpg
    picture006im2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 65
  • Sponsors (?)

that is what I thought... I am on the waiting list for the white face one... as soon as they get that... one is MINE!!! I am just getting the 6k version because mine is just about a stock 302... small cam and GT-40 heads.

Thanks for the info and pics.

GREAT looking car by the way.

Thanks for the compliment! I still have a lot to do, and lots of things I'd like to do, but nothing is free, is it?!?

It's about to get a new headliner and vinyl top (a few bubbled up spots under the vinyl top.....AAARGHH!!!) and a brand new windshield. (How do you let your wipers get so bad that the arm digs a trench in the glass?!? I just don't understand.....)

Then I'll pretty up the doors and get new door panels, arm rests, weatherstripping, etc.

It's all time, money, and work to do, but I love this car.

My dash has a new pad, and all the plastic is new (the trim and instrument bezel) All the metal, and steering column parts I just sanded and painted.

I can't find reproductions of the A/C vents at all, so I just tried to clean up the original ones as best as I could. The seats and carpet are new too.

This is a long and slow going process!

I can't find reproductions of the A/C vents at all, so I just tried to clean up the original ones as best as I could. The seats and carpet are new too.

This is a long and slow going process!

I had mine re-chromed. I told them it was not a concourse class restore, but a restomod driver and I stilled paid out the A$$ for it. For the two outer vents with all the pieces, I want to say it was 350 or so... I was pissed they didnt warn me, but afterwards, they sure look nice. Remember, they redid every single piece, vent, and bracket associated with each vent, and they do look brand new. The worst part was the vent handles with wording... sometimes the edges got into the wording... but they look good and chromed now!

$350?!?!?!?

That's another one of those things I'd like to do that costs a lot.....Maybe I'll have the car looking like it's brand new by the time it's 80 years old!

I'm telling ya... I was really surprised too. I will have to look up the prices, and that did NOT include the center vent either. I had found a decent looking one of those.

By the time I finish mine... I am going to have some serious cash in it as well. It just better drive really nice with the EFI, AOD, disk brakes, AC, new seats, etc... or its off to buy a 2007 model and trade in the 95 Cobra...

I'll keep my head up for now that its gonna work out. Probably at the 80 year mark too!

Oh, if you are talking about the instrument bezel... just buy another one. They are not that expensive at all and I think I got my set (including the one over the glove box) from NPD. Its right in the catalog and they have two quality versions. I picked the higher quality one and it fit like a glove. I can shoot you a picture of what mine looks like if you need it.

Same here. I got the new bezel, etc. from NPD also.

I suppose you could try to repaint the black, but I don't know how you could ever fix the "chrome" part of the plastic.

NPD is pretty good to deal with, their prices are about the same or better than everyone else, and their shipping is quick.

Yeah, keep your head up, Red5oh! You have the 2007 beat any day on character alone!

I have the same plans for EFI (what do you think about the Mass-Flo kit? www.mass-floefi.com ), AOD, SSBC brakes and probably a kit from Classic Auto Air. Oh yeah, and a paint job....We're talking way into the future. I just hope they still have gasoline at the "Car Fueling Stations of the Future"!

I suppose you could try to repaint the black, but I don't know how you could ever fix the "chrome" part of the plastic.

Yeah, keep your head up, Red5oh! You have the 2007 beat any day on character alone!

I have the same plans for EFI (what do you think about the Mass-Flo kit? www.mass-floefi.com ), AOD, SSBC brakes and probably a kit from Classic Auto Air. Oh yeah, and a paint job....We're talking way into the future. I just hope they still have gasoline at the "Car Fueling Stations of the Future"!

I dont know if it would be worth repainting anything on the bezel since I feel they are pretty cheap... almost one of those 'not worth it' ordeals

One day, I will share with everyone what is currently going on in my life right now that is keeping me from working on the car... lets just say 'my life depends on it'. It also explains why I am on here all the time now, and not so much in the past!

Anyway, I chose the stock EFI because there are so many things out there for the fox body EFI regarding customization, reprogramming, YEARS of experience, my past 4-5 fox body cars I had, etc... In my opinion, it just works! I ran across an amazing deal on a windsor-fox harness and bought it, so the choice was made for me.

My car was a factory air car and I have gotten most of my rebuild parts for Classic Auto Air. The whole system is converted to R134 with the condensor/evaporator designed for R134... shouldnt be too bad of a system when done.

I chose the granada brakes at the time (again because a good deal presented itself) but I would definately consider the SSBC brakes at this time, or even the cobra brakes (since my daily driver is a cobra) I hung on to the original drum spindles just for any future changes.

I really am hopeful of a nice daily driver... I have spent a TON of cash on suspension, and it has a total global west front suspension. At the time I started, the coilover stuff was just being designed, and I opted for the better 'original' stuff. I figured they have been racing it for a while, and it would be perfectly acceptible for my new daily driver.

Anyway, sorry for the book and we will get these things one day.