Roush Finally got some pictures of my new car!

grant3d

May 30, 2006
It's a 2001 S281 SC #772 with True Blue exterior and tan/black interior. It has 2 "Special" Saleen options including the C pillar inserts and 18x10 rear wheels. Completely stock for now! :D Unfortunately the front bumper is pretty chipped up, but I was told this is normal for the kits on these cars.

I am curious how many True Blue Saleens were made because everytime I talk to people about it they say they have never seen one in this color. Does anyone have any numbers for this?

Does anyone have any recommendations for first mods? I was thinking pulley, CAI and a tune. Maybe exhaust? Also, is there anyone in southern CA/San Diego that can recommend a tuning shop? I've heard Powertrain Dynamics is good but thats quite a drive.

Sorry for all the questions, let me know what you guys think! :D

saleen15zp.th.jpg
saleen29tm.th.jpg
saleen39mg.th.jpg
saleen44xj.th.jpg
saleen54mo.th.jpg
saleen69en.th.jpg

Attachments

• saleen15zp.th.jpg
    saleen15zp.th.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 75
  • saleen29tm.th.jpg
    saleen29tm.th.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 77
  • saleen39mg.th.jpg
    saleen39mg.th.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 77
  • saleen44xj.th.jpg
    saleen44xj.th.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 76
  • saleen54mo.th.jpg
    saleen54mo.th.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 79
  • saleen69en.th.jpg
    saleen69en.th.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 91
  • Sponsors (?)

This subject comes up every once in a while. The mysterious True Blue Saleens, the only Saleen offered with a light grey or tan 2-tone interior. All others come with the dark charcoal. I personally think it's a great color, looks almost black at night.

Looks like the car is in great shape. enjoy!

Did anyone notice the parking spaces in the photos...."rockstar?"

Very cool, i'll have to change my space at the office.

The only local tuning shop that has been recommended is DPR. I've yet to have them perform the (minor) modifications to my Saleen Cobra because I've not yet received the spousal approval. However, I've spoken at length with Shawn on the phone about them & I'm satisified they are whom I'd trust to do the work.
Avoid JBA if you can.

Cali 281SC said:
Did anyone notice the parking spaces in the photos...."rockstar?"

Very cool, i'll have to change my space at the office.

Coincidentally I happen to now work in the old Rockstar Games corporate building in Carlsbad. When my employer first moved in all of our parking spaces still had "RESERVED - ROCKSTAR" painted on them but now they've been painted over.

It looks like my old car but mine was an N/A, one of the main reasons I got rid of it. True blue is a beautiful color, but unfortunately, like most of dark colors, imperfections show easily. Add in the fact that the under color is white and the chips stand out big time. Mine had 50k on it at the time and it was pretty bad. I saw that car at the Saleen show last year and the new owner had repainted it and it looked great. I just hope he's since invested in some 3M for it.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I bought the car from a guy in San Marcos actually, his name wasn't Mike though :)

Ill check out DPR for sure, thanks! I have also heard bad things about JBA from a friend at work. After I got the car I took it to Autosport Performance in Escondido to have it checked out. My leak down/compression numbers are above average so thats good to hear. Unfortunately they don't do tuning but I highly recommend them for parts installs and Rob, the shop owner, is a very nice guy.

SVT Saleen - Wow small world. I work at Rockstar San Diego as a vehicle artist, thus the parking spots :D I got hired not too long after the move from that building. :) By the way, Midnight Club 3 Remix is in stores now! Go pick it up, its only 20 bucks! :nice:

ExtremeSaleen - So true about the dark colors :( It seems I have all the trouble spots that I see mentioned on the boards. I have quite a few chips on the fender vents, sideskirt vents, and front bumper. They do stand out big time. I've thought about getting them painted but I am afraid the color match wouldn't be good enough. Plus it is going to be my daily driver (gotta love CA weather) so I figure it would just get chipped up again if I do paint it.