Finally got the car back from the shop!

RedDaemon

10 Year Member
Mar 31, 2005
Atlanta, GA
Sorry for the whore. A little trip down memory lane with all thats happened felt necessary:

First weekend that I had the car back in 2004:
6879510001_large.jpg

6879510004_large.jpg

Chin Spoiler FTW!:
IMG_0768.jpg

Grill Delete Up Next!
grilldelete003.jpg

Smoked Headlights FTW!
IMG_1410.jpg

After 4 years, clear coat failure starting to show up on the driver's side quarter panel
CCFailure001.jpg

Also after 4 years of driving 3 hrs back and fourth between college, the front bumper got pretty banged up
IMG_1529.jpg

This all leads up to this past summer when my car was broken in to:
IMG_0111.jpg

IMG_0105.jpg

But NOW....:
IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0242.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

What was painted was:
Driver's Rear Quarter
Driver's Side Scoop
Driver's Rocker
Front Bumper

It looks like a completely different car! I am quite pleased :banana:

• Sponsors (?)

I appreciate all you veterans on the board for putting up with my 'rice' :p

now i dont have to worry about people bitching when i post pics :jester:

i WILL be keeping the front license plate off as long as I possibly can.

Very nice. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the body work cost (that hole from the break in is seriously ****ed up)? Also, how did the body shop match the paint? I'm asking this based on the assumption that the plastic pieces faded differently than the rest of the car, this of course would not be the case if it was garaged.

Very nice. If you don't mind me asking, how much did the body work cost (that hole from the break in is seriously ****ed up)? Also, how did the body shop match the paint? I'm asking this based on the assumption that the plastic pieces faded differently than the rest of the car, this of course would not be the case if it was garaged.

had the same thing happen to me back in high school, 10 years ago with my 98. It was expensive, to say the least.

Your car looks great!:nice: Glad to see the horse off of the car!

Im not sure what their method for matching the paint was, although there are tools which are some sort of spectrograph that you can point at the paint and it figures out a best match color code (possibly even 50 lol). they have been in the business for a long time (+20 yrs) so experience definitely plays in to the equation.

as far as the cost, to fix the damage that was claimed under insurance (just the door) cost 1400. Since they already were going to have left over paint and materials, I had them paint the rear quarter, rocker and bumper for another 700.

I did not receive compensation from the insurance company for my audio equipment since when I first got the car, the initial inspection of the insurance company required me to have pictures taken of the car, done by someone the insurance company hired never took picture of them. SO, the insurance company told me that I never had them in the first place, eventhough I have pictures to document that they were indeed there.

looks damn good :nice:. i had my plate off on my 91 for about a year or so and finally got pulled over. the way i see it, i already have illegal exhaust, illegal tint, and i dont need another reason for them to pull me over. yeah it looks so much cleaner with out one, but like i said earlier, its a dumb reason to get pulled over.

looks damn good :nice:. i had my plate off on my 91 for about a year or so and finally got pulled over. the way i see it, i already have illegal exhaust, illegal tint, and i dont need another reason for them to pull me over. yeah it looks so much cleaner with out one, but like i said earlier, its a dumb reason to get pulled over.

isnt there a product out that is essentialy is just a couple super attractive magnets that you can put on either side of the bumper and mount the license plate that way? i cant remember if i had a dream about that or if its something real haha

isnt there a product out that is essentialy is just a couple super attractive magnets that you can put on either side of the bumper and mount the license plate that way? i cant remember if i had a dream about that or if its something real haha

Its some sort of an aluminum clap that grabs behind the bumper cover and attaches with wing nuts for easy removal. I'll see if I can find a link.

Car looks great btw! I remember trolling the 4.6 section back in '04 and seeing your car. It's come a long way!

thanks all! i have been waiting so long for the car to get a face-lift.
i just wish it were under different circumstances!

i should invest in a porter cable now..i wanted one a year or so ago but i just didnt have the funds. i guess i really dont have the funds now either :rlaugh:

i need to treat myself to something for graduating in may though..