Finally got to run my car..

OinkAodeOink

Founding Member
Jun 5, 2002
Daytona bch, Florida
Well i finally got a chance to run the car, and am somewhat happy with the results concidering. No matter what i could no do better then a 2.0 60' Until the last pass when the temp had dropped, and things were looking good..
I cut a 1.9 60' which would have yeilded close to an 11.5 or 11.6, but needless to say the car lost traction midway, and I coasted out to a 12.4@99. My goal was an 11.5, or 120mph, and dammit i was right there on the last pass!

Oh BTW, next time i go back, i WILL have a good convertor in it, and the 327 gears. None of that having to shift into overdrive bullshi* that kills my mph/et past the 1000foot mark. And i WILL bring home a 10 second slip dammit! no more 11's!!

OH BTW, it made my day to smoke a modded Z06 vette, on DR's :lol:

Heres a rundown of my time slip..

Fuel preasure 36psi
Boost presure 9-10psi (depends on load)
Tire presure 15-16psi (depending on temp)

60' 2.02
330' 5.21
1/8 7.74
MPH 97.37
1000 9.936
1/4 11.82
MPH 118.60

some pics....

That rear is squating down low, in the zo6 race..and i sport 4X4 stance in the rear normally.

trackpics0.jpg

View attachment 520878
View attachment 520879
trackpics3.jpg

Attachments

• trackpics0.jpg
    trackpics0.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 53
  • trackpics3.jpg
    trackpics3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 56
  • Sponsors (?)

Awesome Mike! I notice the 97mph in the 1/8th... you'll be way into the 120mph range with that speed. To think that is in an AODE 'vert no less is even more amazing. Good job man!!!

Will it shift into OD if you turn it off?

Ya, after thinking about it.. I just realized why my 1/4 mph is on the slow side.
Shifting into overdrive is really killing my mph, et and transmission..

a swap to 327 gears, and a convertor away (if all else stays in tact) from my goal of a 10 second street car on pump gas, on 10psi of boost.
I could have taken the easy way out, and run race gas and 15-18psi of boost, and been REAL close..

ya, i was parked next to that teal SC v6 .. he wanted to run me,lol

Ya, the runs were on slicks.. not that it makes a diference with 2.0 60's lol..I dont know, but this track just sucks all the time, unless they prep it, which they NEVER DO when i go.

btw: we run identicle times, yet i have a built motor, wtf..Maybe the PMS system would do my car some good.. Mine Still needs a tune.

Yes it will! being able to run lots of timing helps a lot. The methanol injection works well and I used the Nitro booster from Snow when I ran that well.
Oh btw ...your built motor has a lot more in it than 11.80's by far. You need some traction!! :p I can see 10's after the bugs are worked out for sure. :nice:

$857 from AFM and $85 for a MAP sensor.
There are more options like a WB (UEGO 1000) made for the 04 PMS for like $550-600 and there's INTERAQ software for datalogging. It makes tuning a joy. :D

Thats a good start mike. Now you just need to get a converter and maybe lower gears.

FYI, in my cobra i went 96.01 mph in the 1/8 which led to a 121.4 mph 1/4 trap speed. So you have an EASY 123+ the way the car sits now.. Once you have the converter in and can laucnh from 3k rpms you will see a huge rise in MPH and drop in time if you can hook her up. Good luck!