Finally ran my car, tell me if this is good/bad

90blue5.0

Founding Member
Jul 4, 2002
Regina, Canada
Ran my car this weekend it is a 90 GT fully loaded w/ leather and myself @ 215lbs, only mods are O/R H-pipe and dumps, Holley systemax lower intake, very mild ported/plained heads, removed smog, and K&N also still have 2.73 gears.

I ran a 14.6 @ 96mph, is this about right, what dose anyone with compairable mods run?

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Not bad at all. The mph is high enough for low 14s. I've been to the track twice this year and ran a best of 15.3 @ 89mph with O/R h-pipe, flow(dumped), 3.73s where the track elevation is 3300 ft above sea level and that night the density altitude was 5696 ft!! I think it converts to 14.5-14.7 at a normal elevated track. My mph is down 4mph from last year, so it's time for a tune up.

Definately get some gears.

Maverick, those are great times too. I'm in the process of saving some $$$ for the Trick Flow Heat kit from Summit and having it install by no later than Oct. Looking for 13s easy.

J.R.

That explains it. On street tires, I have have some good 60' times like my best of 2.12, 2.15, 2.20, 2.19. I usually just lower the tire pressure to 25psi and inflate my fronts to 40-45psi. Coming off the line, I feather the gas pedal, then floor it.

I need to see what I have my timing at and maybe bump it up a bit.

J.R.

Looks like I have to practice my 60', check my timing, get my gears in (3.55's) and maybe some sticky tires and will be able to improve it alot.

Keep in mind that this was the first time that I have done this besides tooling around.