Finally replaced my cloudy / foggy headlights

Finally decided to replace the original headlights on my 2000 GT due to them being clouded over and was surprised how much better the new ones look .. I guess its nothing special being they're just stock replacements for 01 - 04 mustangs but it still made a big improvement to the front end apperance of the car :nice:

original_headlights_rs.jpg

new_headlights_rs.jpg

new_headlights_rs2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

how is the fitment? where did you order them from and how much?

It only took 5-6 minutes to change them out and they matched up pretty much flawless against the body. A friend of mine ordered them through his shop at $140 for the pair which included all the bulbs. Im not sure on the exact model # he just told me they were popular, I do know the brand is "Depo", I can get the model# if you'd like.

Im not sure on the overall quality or reliability but we'll see. Everyone that has seen the car now is so surprised how much nicer it looks so Im happy for now :)

looks great!

might wanna use some silicone to seal them yourself though, to prevent any moisture from getting inside them.

i actually dont recommend this.

reason is, i did this same thing to only have my lamps in 3 months fill up with moisture. and i put a **** load everywhere i could possibly imagine.

i am hesitant to put them in the oven and bake them because i dont want this scilicone to melt and drip and run everywhere. i wish i never tried sealing them in the first place.

yeah I have the same ones!! They are nice ass hell!! Got mine for $118 from the local body parts stores(certifit store). Do yourself a favor, buy some black silicone and add a heavy bead around all the edges where the lense meets the housing!! You will be glad you did, trust me I know, had to dry mine out in the sun for two days the first time I got them, in the winter, the condensation would build up in there cause they were not airtight.

Finally decided to replace the original headlights on my 2000 GT due to them being clouded over and was surprised how much better the new ones look .. I guess its nothing special being they're just stock replacements for 01 - 04 mustangs but it still made a big improvement to the front end apperance of the car :nice:

Sweet, just ordered a pair today for 130 from ebay. I got the clear lens.

Thanks for the information regarding the sealing processes.

I dont know about you peeps trying to save old headlights. I hardly doubt they will come close to looking half as good as these smoked ones? unless the hazing is minor. AND the black silicone bead should be applied heavily, and after run a finger over it to smooth it out and push it into the cracks. Most if not all these aftermarket headlights will get moisture in them, once winter rolls around, atleast here in TX.

saving a headlight as a temp. fix can be alot more cost effective than forking out 100 bucks per light when you can take a little time to restore them at a lot cheaper price. you're right it looks no where near as good as a new headlight but you can definitely live with it