Finished my disk brake swap

AFter getting the 17's on this bad boy, I knew it needed some disks. Went to diskbrakeswap.com on the suggestion from members of this board. Glad I did! The directions were as clear as day, and even had some funny "remarks" in there as well.

Here are some pics. I ended up replacing the upper and lower ball joints while I was in there which also lead to a new lower control arm and soon a new sway bay.

set up was $545 with the Stangnet discount (Not sure how long that was going on for) It was really pretty simple. Bolt off, bolt on. I had a friend who knows cars in and out help me, but overall the directions show you step by step what to do.

Can you explain more about this? And what's a PBR?

Thanks!

PBR calipers were standard on the SVT Stangs from '99-04; and optional (IIRC) on the GT's as well. They're made in Oz-tralia, which means they cost a little more to install; 'cause you have to stock the "garage fridge" with Fosters' (rather than Bud Light) before starting the project

Now, if you could find decent "pulls" from the right Mustang model; you'd even get the "running horse" cast into the caliper face.

PBR's are aluminum 2 piston calipers that come equipped on all Mustangs from 99-04. In 01 (or 02) they went to a bigger piston model with the same castings.
They make a nice upgrade to the Granada spindles. All you need is a little "L" shaped bracket and a spacer to make them fit.
Search user name Lman, he had some pictures of his mounted on a 67 track whore IIRC

No prob's
Gave me a good excuse to prowl ebay
I paid 100 +shipping on mine, I have a set mounted on my 66 Coupe project but I don't have good pics
Looks like the $$$ has dropped a bit on them since

Not to try hijacking this thread, but

Ok, here's a question, can the calipers from a 2005-2007 GT work with the PBR brackets? I went to one of those new take off sites and they have the calipers/rotors for something like $175. Would that be worth it you think?

Or instead of buying granada spindle you can just buy these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...Sell_LogicX&refwidgettype=cross_promot_widget

and use your stock drum spindles with SN95 wheels and brakes.

Just find yourself a 99-04 cobra, Bullitt, or Mach1.

From what I understand (someone please correct me if i'm wrong) The cobra PBR brakes are essentially the same as Baer's Track kit
http://store.cal-mustang.com/showdetl-7-6386-19-0.html

But a lot cheaper in price.

Ideally I would love to swap out my front factory discs for these one day
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FORD...ryZ42605QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

I'd have to wipe nose prints off of the front windshield every day

Hey Kid760 (or anyone else), have you done this install (cobra brakes on stock v8 drum spindles - with this ebay kit of mustang steves kit)? I see you said to use sn95 wheels but will any sn95 wheel fit? I thought I read somewhere that some wheels hit the calipers... Also, where will this drop an sn95 wheel compared to stock? I want to run 17x8's on the front of a 68...