• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

First Mustang, Rust Woes

  • Thread starter Thread starter Xjsport95
  • Start date Start date Dec 6, 2017
X

Xjsport95

New Member
Dec 6, 2017
1
0
1
Dec 6, 2017
#1
  • Dec 6, 2017
  • #1
Just bought my first mustang... I have wanted one for a long time... picked up a 96 gt for a good price... under body is in amazing condition for a 21 year old car... giveing her a tune up I noticed some rust that I missed when I first looked it over... the the frame just below the strut towers os rusted on each side...
I can patch it if I have to but searching online there’s a lot of places that sell patch panels for the frames on these cars...
does any one know of a patch panel made specifically for the 96? Odds are I’m probably going to have to pull the motor so I can repair it properly. I’d prefer to fix it once lol...
I want this car to last... the 94-98 is my favorite body style, they are getting harder and hard to find in decent shape.
 

Attachments

  • 6E075689-DBCA-4039-84E9-52A8B824A19B.webp
    99 KB · Views: 214

Neuron

5 Year Member
Nov 6, 2016
859
192
93
Dec 8, 2017
#2
  • Dec 8, 2017
  • #2
I believe their is no change to that area on the '94-'98 and probably even until 2004. Pix of the rusty area would be nice.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

D
Progress Thread Calypso Green 92 LX Hatchback
  • Dakar09
  • May 18, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
19
Views
721
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 13, 2026
rednotch
B
WTB [WTB] 1967-1970 Mustang Fastback
  • Brett_F
  • Jun 19, 2025
  • Want to Buy
Replies
0
Views
159
Want to Buy Jun 19, 2025
Brett_F
B
W
Speedometer and shifting issues
  • wyatt-tetro891
  • Aug 17, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
213
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 18, 2026
wyatt-tetro891
W
5
Hello fellow Mustang fanatics.
  • 580HP*428Cj
  • Apr 2, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
4
Views
303
The Welcome Wagon Aug 18, 2026
josep4
N
For Sale 1984 Mustang gt
  • NJgeorge
  • Nov 29, 2024
  • Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93)
Replies
3
Views
919
Fox Body Mustangs For Sale (1979-93) Nov 29, 2024
NJgeorge
N
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?