First Night At The Track With Vortech! VERY PLEASED!

Drew1287

Mar 13, 2003
Louisiana
I went to the track tonight with the vortech pushing between 5-7psi, All I have other than that is a Steeda Triax and a O/R Hpipe, but I have the stock catback....go figure... I ran 14.40 in my 97 5speed with just those mods, Tonight I went run and pulled fairly consistant 13.50s which is a full second better!! I have been running around 7 for a while and I have the 11-14 pulley sitting behind me, I cant wait to see what she does!

• Sponsors (?)

No built shortblock. I plan on running it till it blows then upgrading from there, we will see what she can handle. If the 3.33 pulley puts out less than 11 I am going to like a 2.92 one. I wanna see 12s with a mostly stock car.

ROFL, it take long... don't worry. I've heard of a few people blowing their stock engine with 12 psi in less than a thousand miles. Kind of a destructive route to take. Better hope it doesn't wreck the block/heads/etc or you'll be doing a lot more than a shortblock!

02 blk GT said:
That kinda sucks that you can only get a 13.5 with a supercharger. Those non-PI heads must be killing you. Alot of N/A 99+ stangs are seeing those times with just bolt-ons.

Brando

Its the first gen. mustang with the 4.6, you can expect much from it. My 4.6 was a turle, for him just to run that with a blower is good. Honestly i have seen some 99+ stangs with blower running low 13s. <bad driving i guess>

Don't go higher then 9psi enjoy the car alittle. You put 14psi i bet the first launch you get, if you hook hard, a piston will pop out of your hood. :nonono:

Drew1287 said:
I went to the track tonight with the vortech pushing between 5-7psi, All I have other than that is a Steeda Triax and a O/R Hpipe, but I have the stock catback....go figure... I ran 14.40 in my 97 5speed with just those mods, Tonight I went run and pulled fairly consistant 13.50s which is a full second better!! I have been running around 7 for a while and I have the 11-14 pulley sitting behind me, I cant wait to see what she does!

how much rwhp you seeing?

I'm surprised your pleased with that but OK.

Seems dumb to me to plan to blow your motor. Why not run safe boost for the time being, and get a new engine built in the mean time that will handle the boost, and give you a ET to really be happy with ? :shrug:

GoBabyVroommm said:
Honestly i have seen some 99+ stangs with blower running low 13s. <bad driving i guess>
:

Myself included, I managed a 13.3 last year as my best time. thats everything stock except the blower. At the time another guy with drag radials was only managing a 13.1 so I guess it wasnt that bad comparitively. Too much power on a crappy track. Next year I got suspension mods and tires coming so that should change. His times arent bad at all for what he's done. Im sure a more experienced driver could do better, but compared to what like 6 of us were running, it's not bad.