• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

First Post

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mashburn94
  • Start date Start date Dec 4, 2013
M

Mashburn94

New Member
Dec 4, 2013
4
0
2
Dec 4, 2013
#1
  • Dec 4, 2013
  • #1
Whats up guys. This my first post here. I am not new to forums, just new to this. Im not completely familiar with the layout yet so forgive me if this is the wrong area for this post. Heres my thing, I am 19 and have been a "Honda guy" since I was 15. Not the annoying ricers, just a basic bolt on and suspension set up for cruising. Now Im wanting to move up in the world. I have my Civic SI for sale now. I Obviously want the "new" 5.0! But not sure If I can afford the Insurance. (Perfect Driving record, 0 accidents, 0 tickets.) Getting a quote this week, I would be getting a 2011. My question is how do the 5.0's compare to the 05-10 for daily driving? I do not race or go to tracks. I hit 0-60 occasionally.

I have raced the 05-10 mustangs and I can run with them all day. winner comes down to the driver typically. But how much of a difference is their in power. I know it is 315 hp vs 400 hp (Rough Guess) but is it extremely noticeable for daily driving? Honda's never have a comparison of 85 hp difference haha.
 

SpartaPerformance

10 Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
2,517
61
89
Long Island NY
Dec 4, 2013
#2
  • Dec 4, 2013
  • #2
For a daily driver you wont notice power difference. Don't count the 4.6L from a 05-09 out they cam make tons of power too. The difference between 05-09 and 11+ is car itself is quieter.
 
M

Mashburn94

New Member
Dec 4, 2013
4
0
2
Dec 4, 2013
#3
  • Dec 4, 2013
  • #3
Thanks for that info! Im new to mustangs so I figured I would ask the gurus. This is probably stupid but what is the sound difference? I know the 5.0 sound like a beast. That why I wanted the 5.0 for the sound and the redesigned rear end. (I realize that was in 2010 but 2011 has both the 5.0 and the rear end.)
 

SpartaPerformance

10 Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
2,517
61
89
Long Island NY
Dec 5, 2013
#4
  • Dec 5, 2013
  • #4
Sound is basically the same. I don't think you could tell.
 
M

Mashburn94

New Member
Dec 4, 2013
4
0
2
Dec 8, 2013
#5
  • Dec 8, 2013
  • #5
Well Iv been looking at those for a few days and I don't think I can do the older GT's. Just doesn't seem the same and I haven't even driven them. Im just OCD haha.
 

SpartaPerformance

10 Year Member
Nov 5, 2006
2,517
61
89
Long Island NY
Dec 8, 2013
#6
  • Dec 8, 2013
  • #6
I prefer older because they look more like the 60's.
 
F

Fox Fader

Member
Dec 14, 2013
8
1
14
Columbus, Ga
Dec 15, 2013
#7
  • Dec 15, 2013
  • #7
I'm a big fan of the 2010. I've been in the car business since the late 80's so I could have gotten what I wanted. I chose the 2010 because I love the sound of the 4.6. It's a lot deeper than the 5-oh. Keep in mind that the 325 lb-ft torque rating on the 4.6 was taken using regular gas... Premium takes it to 335, at least that's what I've read. I worked at Ford for over 3 years. Add an SCT tuner and gain 30 lb-ft. Nothing to sneeze at. Here's the deal; Ford sold a lot of 2010's and there are many for sale. With them being the only new body with that engine, and most are after the 5-oh, you can almost make your price. To each his own, but I'm totally happy with my 15k mile fo-six.
 
M

Mashburn94

New Member
Dec 4, 2013
4
0
2
Dec 15, 2013
#8
  • Dec 15, 2013
  • #8
So Basically for daily driving I will not notice a big difference? Also for 2010-11 the only change was the 5.0 correct?
 
F

Fox Fader

Member
Dec 14, 2013
8
1
14
Columbus, Ga
Dec 15, 2013
#9
  • Dec 15, 2013
  • #9
Mashburn94 said:
So Basically for daily driving I will not notice a big difference? Also for 2010-11 the only change was the 5.0 correct?
Click to expand...

There were some minor suspension changes, but nothing noticeable when driving. The '11 with the 5-oh and 6 speed is a bit "zippier" to drive as a DD, but I'm still good with the 4-6. I've driven many S197's... many.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

A
Blow through intercooled questions
  • AngryH58
  • Aug 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
192
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 1, 2026
AngryH58
A
F
Ford 460 swap
  • Ford460
  • Sep 13, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
6
Views
280
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Sep 14, 2026
Ford460
F
B
Electrical Why does my fox body keep frying eecs
  • brandyn200
  • Jun 20, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
8
Views
399
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 25, 2026
AeroCoupe
K
Door post and rust repair
  • Kleinjj27
  • Aug 21, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
329
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 8, 2026
Kleinjj27
K
8
Foxbody high rpms and surging rpms
  • 86foxseth
  • Jun 9, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
281
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 13, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?