First Serious Issue With My Eb (orange Wrench)

akaoz

Mar 25, 2016
Hi all, first time poster here, but long time lurker.

I have a 2015 Ecoboost with 13.5k miles. I bought the car new and have had the car for exactly 12 months. The car has received regular maintenance (2 oil changes to date). I have only used 93 octane fuel on the car since i got it. Everything on the car is completely stock with the exception of a bazooka bass tube.

Yesterday morning I got into my car and started it as I normally do. The engine turned on but none of the electrics were functioning. None of the gauge indicators, nothing in the dash, absolutely anything electrical related in the car was off. I turned off the car, turned it back on and everything remained off. I got out of car and used the remote start, got back inside, and everything was still off. I attempted to move the car from park to drive, but everything was extremely stiff(the brake pad was hard and needed significant pressure to be pushed down and the steering wheel seemed locked). I left it on park and then turned it off. i stepped outside of the car and began to call my dealership. After about 5 minutes, I got back inside, turned it on, and everything electrical turned on normally, without an issue, but now I had an orange wrench on the dash and it said see manual. I immediately began driving it to the dealership, the car did not have any issue with performance on the drive. The dealership was about 8 miles away and the car did not have an issue whatsoever during the drive. It was performing as it normally did. It was accelerating normally and did was definitely not in limp mode. By the time i got to the dealership, the wrench light was gone. I was at the dealership for about 3 hours as they ran "tests" on my car. After they finished, the mechanic servicing my car came out and told me that he could not find an issue with the car. Only that the codes that came up indicate "network" and that could be a "million of things" not all necessarily detrimental to the car. I asked to speak to the service manager and he told me that the car gave about 25 codes but that they could not replicate what occurred to me because the car was not having any issues when it got to them. The service manager further said that the fact that the car had over 20 codes did not necessarily mean there was anything wrong with the car. Although he admitted that if the car was 100% fine, it would not give any codes. I am extremely frustrated with this and the lack of urgency the service manager acted with, especially since I opted for the extended warranty. The mechanic indicated that it was just a fluke or hiccup, but could not guarantee it would not happen again. I dug up a couple of posts where something similar occurs to other mustang owners. Does anyone have suggestions as to what my next course of action should be? A 2015 car with less than 15k miles should not be having these kinds of issues.

• Sponsors (?)

I would just go straight to the dealer every time it happens until they can see it for themselves, maybe even record a video when it happens at home. If it keeps happening at least you will have proof and maybe they could exhange it or something if it happens often. Ive had little electrical hiccups in my GT where everything inside takes a while longer to light up but it would still drive