fitting stock 03 cobra supercharger on 98 gt

juecke98gt

Banned
May 31, 2008
I heard a place called hoganracing could make a custom manifold to fit an 03 cobra oem supercharger on the 4.6 sohc engine. Anyone hear anything like this or do this. Or is it bull@#$%..:D:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

OMG they want 2,000 for that manifold. I tell you right now for the money your paying for just manifold you might as well just buy a supercharger made for your car.

You will still need all the aftercooler parts, injectors, fuel pump, MAF, ect. The best part is the Eaton on the Cobras aren't even that good of a blower. Im not saying they are crap but you can deffinatley do much better.

I think you may have missed something. It is a kit. It includes the manifold, a front mount cross brace with tensioner, a belt, a crank pulley and secondary pulley to drive the supercharger itself. A new thermostat housing and P/S relocation bracket and all the hoses and clamps.
Several other companies made just the manifold, but discovered when running it off the stock accessory belt, since the stock GT pulley was only 6 inches in diameter it would never make boost.

OMG they want 2,000 for that manifold. I tell you right now for the money your paying for just manifold you might as well just buy a supercharger made for your car.

You will still need all the aftercooler parts, injectors, fuel pump, MAF, ect. The best part is the Eaton on the Cobras aren't even that good of a blower. Im not saying they are crap but you can deffinatley do much better.
Your reading comprehension sucks. :D

The kit includes the manifold, intercooler core, hoses, thermostat housing, brackets, tensioner, 8-rib secondary belt drive system and all mounting hardware.

Considering the intercooler core alone would run you close to $1,000 to have one built, or buy it from Ford, I'd say this is a hell of a deal!?! :nice:

What you would need to add is fuel system components, front mount heat exchanger, coolant pump and tank, inlet tube, hoses belts, etc, and computer tuning.

Combine that with the cost of a used Eatom M112 blower and inlet combination from Ebay and you could still put yourself a pretty nice kit together for around $3,500-$3,800.....which is still much, much cheaper than any other Positive Displacement set up on the market.

As far as the Eaton supercharger sucking....well, I guess if you call 500hp/500tq capable "sucking", but if I recal you're not making much more power with your Vortech set up? And how much money have you got sunk into it at this point? :shrug:

The Eatons max out around 500 on the cobra when they're ported. I wonder what 2v would end up at 400?

But you can upgrade the Vortech clear to a YSI trim capable of supporting 1000 rwhp using your existing bracket. . The Eaton is a good dependable blower for moderate hp levels. But a race blower it ain't. I doubt the Eaton would perform the same as it does on the 4v unless there was decent head and cam work and I think it's still doubtable

if i had known about tork tech a year ago i probably would have went with them rather then vortech.

A eaton could never break 600 rwhp on a 2V. But a little Vortech S-trim has.

But you can upgrade the Vortech clear to a YSI trim capable of supporting 1000 rwhp using your existing bracket. . The Eaton is a good dependable blower for moderate hp levels. But a race blower it ain't. I doubt the Eaton would perform the same as it does on the 4v unless there was decent head and cam work and I think it's still doubtable

Dont get me wrong I love my vortech. But, I like doing things differently then others. i stayed away from kb because of the price and poor customer service. I would have started off with a 03/04 cobra blower but eventually upgraded to the tvs. Tork techs kit looks like a quality piece and I probably could have pieced that kit together for a little more then my vortech kit.

I have never heard of a s-trim making more then 550rwhp. and that was spining the damn thing about as fast as it could go. not calling you a liar just saying its the first i've heard of it. I do however intend on getting a t-trim upgrade and attemp to put down over 600rwhp.

I will most likely be using tork techs intercooler intake manifold with my vortech though. its gona cost more then a FMIC but again i like to be different.

I have never heard of a s-trim making more then 550rwhp. and that was spining the damn thing about as fast as it could go. not calling you a liar just saying its the first i've heard of it. I do however intend on getting a t-trim upgrade and attemp to put down over 600rwhp.

Here you go .MPh has built like 2-3 that have. I would rather do it with a T-trim though.

626rwhp 560TQ - MPH Forums

to bad KB quit making the kit for the 96-98 crowd,question is i am new to 4.6l and was wondering if i can use a 99-04 kit,i know heads are differant but if you can stick a pi intake on a npi motor why cant you do the same with a KB,isint it the coolant passages that are the problem?i think im gonna settle for an hp perf tt kit if i cant do the KB thing

to bad KB quit making the kit for the 96-98 crowd,question is i am new to 4.6l and was wondering if i can use a 99-04 kit,i know heads are differant but if you can stick a pi intake on a npi motor why cant you do the same with a KB,isint it the coolant passages that are the problem?i think im gonna settle for an hp perf tt kit if i cant do the KB thing

I talked to Charles at Tork Tech last week about coming up with an adapter plate to mount the manifold on a non-pi headed engine. He has a non-pi 4.6L in his shop, so this week he is going to check it out. The coil packs would need to be re-located or the ignition would have to be switched to a coil on plug so the idler brace could go on.

I can't believe how many guys here already have built motors, transmissions, axles and suspension that can handle the 500 hp plus set ups.

lol....did you just quote yourself? :D

It's true the Cobra's M112 Eaton will never make the horsepower that the S or T-Trim would, but in the same instance, the Centrifugals you described will never come close to touching even the most basic Positive Displacement blower in low end torque.

Even with my M90S, I've my torque starts to skyrocket just off idle and am making over 350rwtq by 2,000RPM and that's something one could never hope to achieve with an S or T-Trim and something I’m thankful to be making considering the cars 3,900lb curb weight.

As far as the M112 not exceeding 400RWHP/TQ on a 2V....perhaps on a stock short block it would certainly be a challenge, (which in my book for the money you'd have invested in the kit at that point is still better horsepower figures than any 2V based PD set up on the market today...twin screw or not) but with ported heads, cams, displacement bump and other breathing mods (much like the ones in your MPH example) pushing the 2V to Cobra power levels and beyond with the Eaton aren't unheard of?

You also need to be careful now a days when throwing the word "Eaton" around when describing them as crappy and inefficient blowers. The Magnum Powers 5th gen on the top of the Tork Tech kit still utilizes Eaton components and it seems to rival the efficiency levels of a twin screw. The new TVS series units are also Eaton built and they surpass the efficiency levels of the modern twin screw.

It's a whole new ball game out there man.... :shrug:

...and on that note, I think I'm going to go pull my Cougar out of the moth balls now and take if for a drive. :D

Your reading comprehension sucks.
The kit includes the manifold, intercooler core, hoses, thermostat housing, brackets, tensioner, 8-rib secondary belt drive system and all mounting hardware.

Considering the intercooler core alone would run you close to $1,000 to have one built, or buy it from Ford, I'd say this is a hell of a deal!?!

What you would need to add is fuel system components, front mount heat exchanger, coolant pump and tank, inlet tube, hoses belts, etc, and computer tuning.

Combine that with the cost of a used Eatom M112 blower and inlet combination from Ebay and you could still put yourself a pretty nice kit together for around $3,500-$3,800.....which is still much, much cheaper than any other Positive Displacement set up on the market.

As far as the Eaton supercharger sucking....well, I guess if you call 500hp/500tq capable "sucking", but if I recal you're not making much more power with your Vortech set up? And how much money have you got sunk into it at this point?

No it doesn't I read what it came with and that’s why I listed almost the exact same parts he would need as you did.

Though it may be cheaper than a PD blower its right in line with a centri blower made for the car. You would have to part out every thing you need for the eaton whereas the centri everything would come with it and be new.

I also never said the Eatons suck I said you could do better. Yes they make 500/500 on a 4V which his car is not, actually if I recall he is a NPI 2V.

Yes for some reason my car has never made good numbers on the dyno but guess what its always ran fast times. Hell I just ran a 10.85@128 so for all I care I could have made 150rwhp on the dyno. My car is not a dyno queen so it makes no difference to me if I dyno 300rwhp or 600rwhp as long as I run the times I want.