Flames From Exhaust?

smkshw

5 Year Member
Feb 12, 2010
just finished up my msd 2 step install and when i tested it,my buddy told me flames were shooting out my exhaust?.. it wasnt in gear,only had it at half throttle and i released the switch and it revved to 5g?....is this normal??

• Sponsors (?)

ya?...thought you need some real high hp to get that,kinda feel stupid now asking...just wanted to make sure though...lol
I'm far from an expert but that's kinda the function of a 2step. It's just loading up on unburnt fuel and then obviously igniting.
That's why you'll see it used on forced induction cars as well.
I'm sure someone can chime in with the specifics but I wouldn't be alarmed by a little flame :nice:

I'm far from an expert but that's kinda the function of a 2step. It's just loading up on unburnt fuel and then obviously igniting.
That's why you'll see it used on forced induction cars as well.
I'm sure someone can chime in with the specifics but I wouldn't be alarmed by a little flame :nice:
guess it makes sense...kinda cool it shoots flames but i have to say i was a little alarmed...lol

the way the 2 step works is it cuts the spark randomly... so you may get some flames shooting out if you got enough fuel in the tubes

It is hard on catalytic converters tho. All of the unburned fuel first loading up in the exhaust and then lighting off will kill a catalytic converter after awhile.

It is hard on catalytic converters tho. All of the unburned fuel first loading up in the exhaust and then lighting off will kill a catalytic converter after awhile.[/QUO
well i have no cats so thats not a problem,as long as its a normal thing and it wont hurt anything?