floor pan replacement question

so, i'm tearing my convertible down to get some modifications and paint done. When i took out the carpet i realized that the portion of floorpan behind the seat support needs to be replaced. I also plan on raising the transmission tunnel so i can fit in a TKO 600, and adding some subframe connectors that will intersect the extra convertible bracing that is under the seat section of the floorpan.

Here's my plan, and i want to see if you guys have any suggestions before i get going on it.

to make sure the frame is as straight as possible before i start, i plan on using about 8 jack stands and some shims to support the car by its frame rails. I will be using a laser level to take measurements from to get the proper height for the holes in the frame (refrenced from the shop mannual).

Since i'm only doing one part at the time, i'm not too worried about the car going out of square. I will do the floor pans first, then the tranny tunnel, and then the SFCs. I really want the car straight when i put the SFCs in because if it's developed any convertible sag i don't want to make it permanent.

Will i need to add bracing bolted to the door mounting points to keep it from sagging? Any suggestions would be very much appreciated because this will be my first time cutting up anything structural on my car. Thanks

-Duke

• Sponsors (?)

If you really want to do all the work yourself and using your shop reference to do all the measurements, that's cool. Or you could trailer it to a frame shop to have a pro put it on a jig OR do the measurements for you and straighten it at the same time if it needs it. That way you know that your stang is straight. That's what I plan on doing with my 67 Fastback. I agree that you need to put door supports in before you do any work on your vert.