Floor pan rust. Any Ideas?

88gt88

Jun 4, 2007
Well my 94 gt is a florida car so there isnt any rust, but its a convertible and the top has a few holes in it. I removed the carpet and found rust on the rear of the floor pans. It isnt that bad and Im probably going to just wire brush it off. My question is what do you recommend doing after. Should I just buy paint and spray it over like nothing ever happened? I was also thinking of some kind of bedliner or por-15 product. Does anyone have any pictures of what they did to protect thier floor pan. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Well my 94 gt is a florida car so there isnt any rust, but its a convertible and the top has a few holes in it. I removed the carpet and found rust on the rear of the floor pans. It isnt that bad and Im probably going to just wire brush it off. My question is what do you recommend doing after. Should I just buy paint and spray it over like nothing ever happened? I was also thinking of some kind of bedliner or por-15 product. Does anyone have any pictures of what they did to protect thier floor pan. Thanks.

If it's just surface rust......and you can sand all the rust away.....primer it and paint it....if it is starting to rust through you can have new floor pans welded in.......