Ford Dealer a joke...BTW I need work ;(

First off i wanna ask, are all ford dealer ships a joke? I called autozone to get some spark plugs(motorcraft). They told me that they like 30 so i asked if he could put 8 aside for me so they would be ready for me. Well i got there and he was like "o man i messd up, i only have 3" So he told me that a sister autozone had 17 and he called and they also supposibly put the rest away for me. I got there and same story...they had all but 3. So i bought them and figured i'd get the rest from the local ford dealer. Now i paid $3.29 each for the ones from autozone. Take a guess at how much they wanted at the ford dealer? $12.75 each!!!! What a joke...I also asked about pi heads for my car while i was there, they wanted $1300 for just the heads...lol I'm almost going to buy anything from them. lol

I just wanted to share that little story with you all, and ask if all dealers are like that?

On another note my company just downsized 300 employees and i was one of them. I'm outta work for now. If any of you are interested in a website just let me know. I'm a web designer and i also build computers on the side so if anyone is interested PM me. Thanks guys

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, that sounds right. A dealership has HIGH markup on a lot of things.

For example, on my Grand Prix, I busted the rim, so I got a new one from GM... $525 retail... My dad works for a Chevy dealer, and he was able to get it for $350...

I wanted new lugnut covers for my Grand Prix too, and they were like, $5 each, and my dad got them for $1...

It's insane how much dealerships mark up some things. There are some items that are marked up just a little bit, and others that are marked up a LOT! There were other crazy high prices for some things I bought from GM before...But all dealerships are like that. I haven't had to get anything from Ford for my Mustang so far... If I do need anything, I'm hoping that the Chevy dealer will have it so I don't have to pay that mark up...

My mom had a VW 2000 Turbo bug. It came with a 3 year warrenty. About 2 years later the turbo died. VW said that the warrent doesnt cover the turbo because its an add-on. Last i checked it was factory.

Needed new wiper blade refills for my GT; local parts stores don't carry the right ones, but can order them. But I want them now... :D

So I go the local dealer parts dept. and inquire. Of course Ford doesn't just sell the refills (my actual blade assemby are fine and don't need to be replaced)...you have to buy the whole thing. Price: $10 each. :rolleyes:

The worst though was a few years back I owned a Chevy Beretta. It had the base steel wheels with those plastic "hubcap/cover" things. One of them broke off, and so I needed a new one. Price at the dealership (only place you can get them)...$55! :mad:

My worst was for my old '89 Ford Probe GT, turn signal flasher (rectangular relay like module, not the standard type) from the local Ford dealer $119, I ended up buying one at the local salage yard for $5.

Ike

yeah I went to my Ford dealer to see if I could get some Tranny Fluid from them. They had it.......for 17.00 a quart. I told them they were out of their freaking minds. Went down the street and got some for 5.00 a quart. What a joke.

my wheel got busted and i needed a wheel and 2 tires and they wanted 225 for the stock 5 spoke wheel and 250 per tire....so i called GEF and ordered 4 new 03 10th anniversary cobra wheels and picked up the tires locally for a total of 900

Ford dealerships usually mark parts up about double what they payed for it. I see this everyday because I work for one. We get great deals on a lot of stuff but many of mustang parts that you can buy from ford racing are just as good as a deal as I would get under employee price. Sometimes it is even cheaper to go ford racing, like for injectors, calipers, clyinder heads, etc.

vvzer0incvv said:
First off i wanna ask, are all ford dealer ships a joke? I called autozone to get some spark plugs(motorcraft). They told me that they like 30 so i asked if he could put 8 aside for me so they would be ready for me. Well i got there and he was like "o man i messd up, i only have 3" So he told me that a sister autozone had 17 and he called and they also supposibly put the rest away for me. I got there and same story...they had all but 3. So i bought them and figured i'd get the rest from the local ford dealer. Now i paid $3.29 each for the ones from autozone. Take a guess at how much they wanted at the ford dealer? $12.75 each!!!! What a joke...I also asked about pi heads for my car while i was there, they wanted $1300 for just the heads...lol I'm almost going to buy anything from them. lol

I just wanted to share that little story with you all, and ask if all dealers are like that?

On another note my company just downsized 300 employees and i was one of them. I'm outta work for now. If any of you are interested in a website just let me know. I'm a web designer and i also build computers on the side so if anyone is interested PM me. Thanks guys

So wait...why didn't you buy the 5 they had at the other place and then go back and get the 3 they had at the first place??? :shrug:

Mike Bresette said:
Kill two bunnies with one can of duster: get a job at Ford and get great discounts on parts. :flag:

Mike

Sounds good to me... I'm actually thinking about just going to autozone buying a bunch of common parts and sit outside the ford dealer and sell parts for $5 cheaper than them...I'd still be making 200% profit. LOL whos with me? =)

Brisk281GT said:
So wait...why didn't you buy the 5 they had at the other place and then go back and get the 3 they had at the first place??? :shrug:
That would have worked but between both stores they only had 5.

And i didn't buy them from the dealer. After i heard that i went on a mission to find the plugs cheaper. 2hours and 20miles later i got the other plugs for $9.98 each....They were on sale.