Ford Fit and Finish? Rear side window . . .

My car has about 61k on it, and I have never had a problem with my car (other than the IAC valve, which is pretty much a maintenance item from what I hear). Today I got to work and for some reason noticed that the rear side window on the drivers' side has a slight gap (maybe 1/16") between the glass and the seal on the bottom, towards the rear. The seal is flush against the glass, and for comparison's sake is flush on the passenger side.

Is this just Ford Fit and Finish that I haven't noticed in many miles, or is my car falling apart? Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how do you fix it?

• Sponsors (?)

ScottyG00GT said:
The seal is flush against the glass, and for comparison's sake is flush on the passenger side.

I didn't finish my statement. The seal is flush against the glass in the FRONT of the rear side window, and is flush the entire length on the passenger side.

Also, if I push in the rear sail panel, it springs back. It's not like it is loose. I have to push it in pretty hard to get the seal to seat against the glass.

ScottyG00GT said:
My car has about 61k on it, and I have never had a problem with my car (other than the IAC valve, which is pretty much a maintenance item from what I hear). Today I got to work and for some reason noticed that the rear side window on the drivers' side has a slight gap (maybe 1/16") between the glass and the seal on the bottom, towards the rear. The seal is flush against the glass, and for comparison's sake is flush on the passenger side.

Is this just Ford Fit and Finish that I haven't noticed in many miles, or is my car falling apart? Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how do you fix it?

I had a 2000 V6 that had water pouring in the side window and pooling up under the back seat. The dealer (my Father) caught it before I took delivery and had the body shop soak up the water and remove/reinstall the window to fix the problem. No big deal. Was probably installed wrong.

As for your window, who knows how long it's been that way. Just have it removed and reinstalled and pull the rear seat base and make sure you don't have a pool of water in there. You'll be good after that.

that rubber seal is a pain in the butt. it really is a poorly designed piece in the way it attachs to the quarter panel. I had to readjust mine because it was sitting high, really crooked and not even with the door's bottom seal... There is a lot of manual adjustment to make the seal fit right and i think the problem is an assembly line issue in where workers just slap that piece on and do not take the time to adjust it properly for fit. (but I don't blame them entirely because the peice is a pain to work with)