Ford GT seats

wiz

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2002
So Cal
ph_gt_popup_10.jpg

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before or not....but I'd love to get my hands on the ford GT seats for my ponycar. Any one know if they are available somewhere? :D

• Sponsors (?)

jadesville said:
whats with the metallic donuts? if those are aluminum, those look unconfortable

mmmm donuts :drool:

Nice Homer Simpson allusion. :D

Those "metallic donuts" are slightly modernized styling elements that pay homage to the metal grommets that were found on the original GT40 seats. The originals probably served some purpose, such as ventilation, whereas the new grommets really only exist to satisfy GT40 buffs.

I'd hate to sit on those grommets after the car has been sitting in the sun for any length of time. But then again, what do I care? I'll never be able to afford a GT. :bang:

I guess the idea is that you sit totally back into the seat...otherwise, the seat part w/o the grommets doesn't look large enough; you'd be half on them, half off. The ones on the seat backs look esp. uncomfortable... Ouch.

70stangcoupe said:
LMAo.

That thing on the seat part looks REAL uncomfortable to my butt. LMao

What are you talking about? That raised square is the hemorrhoid warmer with the optional "thermo-doughnut" heat rings. Since 80% of the people that own GTs will be over 60, they were thinking ahead. :nice: