Ford Motorsports/Dealer Intake+tune

xtweakerx

Feb 26, 2007
Jupiter,FL
I got a thing in the mail im gonna look into about the ford motorsports intake and tune install done by the dealer so I still retain my warranty. just wondering if anyone has experience with this and/or has done it. let me know.

First off though im gettin bigger gears done by them which will also retain warranty of the car.

• Sponsors (?)

I have it but installed it myself, you can do it on your own and save on labor....its very simple and as far as warranty there are plenty alternatives out there that will not void your warranty...that being said I wanted for one reason or another liked the novelty of having everything ford perfomance on my ride. I have the intake, x pipe, and stinger style axel back...all Ford Racing. As for perfomance...its right there with the JLT's and SCT/Predator tuned cars...(my friend has one we raced...little to no difference). The only thing I liked about the SCT product is the end userability. The tuner from Ford mirrors the X Calibrator 1...One tune for performance and One for stock.

If I had to do it all over...I would have ordered the Ford Racing intake and a tuner separate (for future mods...blower/CDC plates ect.). However doing so is not the most cost effective. I still dont have a different tuner but will I go blown...I will have the paxton system that comes with a tuner from Brenspeed....(so much for an all ford car...;)). Overall you have to remember Ford Racing does not sell crap...you will be very happy with it but when you buy mods keep one eye on your budget and one eye on the future plans of your car....

from what i heard the only real way to maintain vech warranty is to have ford performance parts installed by the dealer.

If not that'd be awesome, i got to call my dealer soon and find out the details.

what other options have you heard about that retain warranty. I know C&L and SCT2 will not!

However i dont ever have plans to supercharge my car.

Just going to my gears either 4:10's or 4:30's..

Tune + Intake.

I already have drag radial tires.

Maybe someday pullies and then the rest most likely just visual upgrades, until maybe 4yrs down the road nitrous lol but yeah.

anyway thanks for posting if u got any other info let me know.

do u have an idea of what the cost is for just the Intake + Tune from ford racing?

o yeah and does the tune from ford require the 93 octane.

from what i heard the only real way to maintain vech warranty is to have ford performance parts installed by the dealer.

If not that'd be awesome, i got to call my dealer soon and find out the details.

what other options have you heard about that retain warranty. I know C&L and SCT2 will not!

However i dont ever have plans to supercharge my car.

Just going to my gears either 4:10's or 4:30's..

Tune + Intake.

I already have drag radial tires.

Maybe someday pullies and then the rest most likely just visual upgrades, until maybe 4yrs down the road nitrous lol but yeah.

anyway thanks for posting if u got any other info let me know.

do u have an idea of what the cost is for just the Intake + Tune from ford racing?

o yeah and does the tune from ford require the 93 octane.

What you've heard, is absolutely false and a scare tactic by certain dealers, who just aren't very mod friendly..The truth is, dealerships can only refuse to service a vehicle under a warranty claim, providing the aftermarket part was directly responsible for causing the warranted parts to fail, in which you would then be required to cover both the repair and replacement costs, yourself..However, a dealership cannot refuse to honor any portion of a factory warranty, which is not directly related to the warranted parts in question.. For example, underdrive pulleys cannot cause your shaker 500/1000 to fail ? therefore, the dealership is required to repair or replace the shaker, under warranty.. Only Ford itself, has the authority to void their factory warranties..Anyway, hope this addresses your warranty concerns.. :)

What you've heard, is absolutely false and a scare tactic by certain dealers, who just aren't very mod friendly..The truth is, dealerships can only refuse to service a vehicle under a warranty claim, providing the aftermarket part was directly responsible for causing the warranted parts to fail, in which you would then be required to cover both the repair and replacement costs, yourself..However, a dealership cannot void any portion of a factory warranty, that is not directly related to the warranted parts in question.. For example, underdrive pulleys cannot cause your shaker 500/1000 to fail ? therefore, the dealership is required to repair or replace the shaker, under warranty.. Anyway, hope this addresses your warranty concerns.. :)

He's right...its up to the dealer unfortunately...it sounds like yours could be difficult in this respect...check around if you have multiple dealers.....as far as cost I spent 550 on my intake and tune from Ford Racing (I know the parts manager)...and yes my tune requires a higher octane minimun of 91...Out here 3.28/gal...:mad: but the car does run better...My .02 is if you live in a town with only one major dealer it sucks but they have a captive audience and it would be in your best interests to try to stay as close to the guidelines of their imposed warranty boundaries...otherwise they may refuse service/not honor the warranty then you may have to leave town to fix your car.

Bottom line is if you can mod your car...and have your dealer be okay with it to conserve your warranty some times you have to take a little and give a little. As I mentioined before I see little to no difference in my friends ride that has the same mods minus the X pipe as my car except that he has a SCT tuner and I have the Ford tune. I have driven his car (both autos) and the only real difference is the shifting his is alot more pronounced/firmer...where mine is still fluid and smooth like stock.

In your case make a list of what you want to modify that will effect your tune....ie. gears, cdc delete plates ect...Get everything done at once so when you order your tune from Ford everything will match...as the tuner will be preloaded and you will not be able to adjust on the fly. Let me know how it goes