Ford says they will have incentives on the 2005's...

• Sponsors (?)

yay incentives :notnice: all the article mentions is the possibility of a financing incentive, I plan to pay cash if I get one so that still doesn't help me out at all :bang: I need some rebates!

new2dagame said:
yay incentives :notnice: all the article mentions is the possibility of a financing incentive, I plan to pay cash if I get one so that still doesn't help me out at all :bang: I need some rebates!

Why pay cash if you can finance it? Put your cash in the bank and make some money on it while you pay the car off. This of course assumes you can get a return greater than whatever interest rate Ford will offer.

Mark

I personally have 2 stangs that I paid both in cash immediately. My mother did the same on her used 5.0 as well. I believe that if you can pay in cash you will always save money in the long run over financing. Unless you get 0% financing which most americans will not qualify, especially young ones like me. Now that my financial situation is not as good as it once was, I believe I will be financing whatever i can't pay off in cash on my 04cobra/05gt.

But almost everyone I know that has financed has gotten screwed over in some way or another. Its just hard to trust dealers in my mind.

Don't finance through the dealer if it can be avoided. In my experience you always get a better rate through a credit union or a bank if your credit is not FUBAR. The dealership will flat out lie to you about the best rate you qualify for. :notnice:

jeez people the point is that if you can get some good financing like 2.xx% it's better to finance and take that $30G and do something smart with it. assuming you know how to invest, you can easily make more than 2.xx% over the next 4-5 years.

Keep the 20k in the bank and put 10k down, what if something happend and you need the cash? you would have to sell the car to raise money. If you can get cheap % rate finance it and take that 20k and invest it in some safe stocks... its a win win situation. This all means nothing if you are loaded and have 500k in the bank and work just for the fun of it.. just my .02

I have nothing but praise for Ford Motor Credit. They offered a great rate and you can actually speak to a "real live person" if you have any questions. The 05 will be my 3rd Mustang financed with them and I have no complaints. Just my .02 worth.