Found a gold mine in the Junkyard

TrophyHead

15 Year Member
Mar 18, 2003
PA
I found an 85 Notchback in the junkyard. Over by a bunch of weeds never even picked at. The interior looked decent....the black paint job was getting pretty faded. The front four eyed nose was ammaculate with all the head lights. It has a Stormin norman hood shaved outside handles. Last but not least it had a 460, holley carb. moroso valve covers, Dove heads, and an automatic of somekind...........What I could figure out it was in the junkyard because of broken axels go figure.

i'll be bringing up a battery and some gas tomorrow to try to crank this bad boy over. I talked to the owner and he said I could have it for free because I fixed his oil burner about 2 years ago at a decent price. I'm going to make it into a drag car if I can get to fire over. It had an accel super-coil and some other goodies. The crank pulley on it was like 12 inches in diameter.

I know this thread is useless with out pics but all I have is a crappy camera phone.

:hail2: The junkyards.

• Sponsors (?)

:worthlesb

better get us some pics. that is awesome though. mustangs dont sit very long in the yards here. stangs and 3rd gen fbodies seem to be a staple and go pretty quick in my town.

I can't believe that somebody would take something like that to the junk yard just because of some broken axels. Hopefully its not something worse...like the pistons being seized or something like that. Either way you got yourself a descent Notch, which are hard enough to come by as it is, much less with a 460 lol. Good luck with getting it to run, and get us some pics and keep us up to date.

Sombody sabatoged it on me. They smashed out all the back taill lights and back window. Somebody took the carb and valve covers. Samshed the 1/4 window.

I was really upset. So I took my 5 lb mini slegde hammer and smashed the eldlbrock intake into nothing. Smashed the roller rockers. Bashed the dizzy. I figure if I cant have it nobody can. I'm terrible. I wrote the asshat a very nice message.

I got my girlfriends digital camera and walked up to and almost broke down in tears. My dream was destroyed. I didnt even bother taking pics.

uhh.. Why didn't you still take it.....?

Why did you destroy it more...?

If you are getting it for free.. Why would you care if someone busted out the windows which can be replaced and took the carb and valve covers of all things... Thats nothing!