Electrical Found this relay in the engine compartment

Red50Fox

May 6, 2019
Massachusetts
Does anyone know what this might be for? I was looking for the in-line circuit breaker for the Power Door Lock issue I'm having and found this, with cut wires (who knew?) Any opinions welcome.

Thanks
wQrlyhiJDfKDdJiFI_0UA4Otqbe1nC9KZes1k3dr3v4qV-vmQU.png

• Sponsors (?)

Pic of it further out so we can see what wires may be going to it, and where it’s located? It’s just a regular 30amp relay that could have been added for any number of things.

Where is the relay located and what are the wire/stripe colors?

Please do not use a photograph, since the colors come out different on every computer monitor. I have 3 monitors of the same make and model on my desktop computer and each one has slight color variation from the other monitor.

The circuit breaker for the door locks is on the starter relay.

Starter solenoid wiring for 86-91 Mustang
attachments\52294

Starter solenoid wiring 92-93 Mustang or earlier Mustang with upgraded high torque mini starter.
attachments\53216

Last edited:
Apparently not hooked to anything but.....The reason we need to see a wide pic is to see it with the surrounding wires and stuff. Like this....

Google pic

I took this, hopefully a wide enough view. I pointed a threaded rod at the relay to ID it in the picture. Any thoughts would be helpful. I'll keep digging through what I have here.

Attachments

• 20190810_173632.jpg
    20190810_173632.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 127
I took this, hopefully a wide enough view. I pointed a threaded rod at the relay to ID it in the picture. Any thoughts would be helpful. I'll keep digging through what I have here.
Good pic! Nope, that isn't factory and could be anything....as someone above said already. Just wanted to make sure with a overall pic. Take it out and put it in the extra relay container. jrichker's post or future post can help ya with your actual question.

Some day you’ll need it. Forget you have it, or where you put it. Buy a new one. A week later find that one.
At least that’s how it usually works for me!