Fox-body pedals in a II?

MustangIIMatt

Easy there, this ain't a dating site.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Mar 7, 2002
Well, the resource I used to peruse the most to research odd questions when I had them is gone, so I'm hoping one of you will know.

Will fox pedals, specifically the accelerator pedal, bolt up to a II floorpan?

I'm playing with the planning stages of what I'm doing next with ElSuperPinto, and this is going to be the first of many weird questions I'll be asking with no real explanation as to why.

• Sponsors (?)

Do you have a fox gas pedal to compare? I'm guessing not. I would venture a wild guess and say the attachment to the floor would not be a critical as the length of the arm where the cable attaches in relation to the factory hole the cable runs through

If I remember, I'll take a look on Saturday and see if there is anything visibly different between my 87 and my Cobra. It seems like there is something different but I don't remember what it is......

Do you have a fox gas pedal to compare? I'm guessing not. I would venture a wild guess and say the attachment to the floor would not be a critical as the length of the arm where the cable attaches in relation to the factory hole the cable runs through
Attachment to the floor is the only criteria that matters at this time.

Reactions: 1 user
If I remember, I'll take a look on Saturday and see if there is anything visibly different between my 87 and my Cobra. It seems like there is something different but I don't remember what it is......
Not to be a pest, but this info became more pertinent this weekend...

2 pics of 87-93 fox pedal

bolting go pedal to firewall should be the easy part, Universal is always another option,

s-l1600-7.jpg
s-l1600-9.jpg

I'm watching anything pedal related as I've got to cross that bridge this fall when I go to fit the T5 in the car. It had a V6/4 speed in it when I got the car. I pulled the clutch pedal (lost that in a move long ago) when I installed the 351W/C4 combo, so I still have the correct brake pedal in place. As far as I can figure I need to locate a V8 clutch pedal and figure out the cable arrangement. I'm going with the 94-95 bellhousing to get the shifter as far back as I can but the trick to that is going to be snaking the cable through the Hedman headers. Luckily I had the headers ceramic coated in & out when I got them so that will help keep the temps down around the cable housing.

Much to think about and organize! :D

Reactions: 1 users
I'm watching anything pedal related as I've got to cross that bridge this fall when I go to fit the T5 in the car. It had a V6/4 speed in it when I got the car. I pulled the clutch pedal (lost that in a move long ago) when I installed the 351W/C4 combo, so I still have the correct brake pedal in place. As far as I can figure I need to locate a V8 clutch pedal and figure out the cable arrangement. I'm going with the 94-95 bellhousing to get the shifter as far back as I can but the trick to that is going to be snaking the cable through the Hedman headers. Luckily I had the headers ceramic coated in & out when I got them so that will help keep the temps down around the cable housing.

Much to think about and organize! :D

The more I think about this, the more I wonder if there are any differences between the clutch pedals of 4, 6, and 8 cylinder cars. In my head there wouldn't be any. That would require Ford or whatever supplier to tool up for 2 or 3 different versions of the same part. While that's not out of the question, I would think that as a cost saving measure they wouldn't have done it. So if you're able to get your hands on ANY clutch pedal, post up some pics and maybe some measurements. I have an original 302 4 speed car, I can try to measure and compare for you. Or, if I get around to it before you find or are ready to buy one, I have to take my pedal out and lube the pivot anyway, I'll try to remember to take some pics and measurements to help you out. I have a million things going on at home, so it may be a while or I may forget, but keep us posted!

Hey,
the clutch pedal is the same, but there a diffrent holes in the pedal support. In my haynes repair manual there is a foto where to put it depending on the engine.
I put it through the brake pedal, if i remember right.
For the original clutch cable you also need an adjuster tube thats mounted to the firewall (not reproduced). Because I'm using the 94-95 bellhousing i was thinking about using the complete clutch cable from this year and use on the firewall the blue thing in the picture to have a better adjustability:
st-7553b_3694.jpg

But than I switched to the hydraulic clutch...

For the original clutch cable you also need an adjuster tube thats mounted to the firewall (not reproduced).

Actually, someone was trying to tackle that problem and making them from steel tube. I don't remember who it was anymore and I remember hearing about someone complaining that they never received an order they made, so maybe whoever was attempting to do it isn't available anymore? In any case, it CAN be reproduced if someone had one available for a machine shop to copy. Before I changed careers I thought about making one for myself - it really wouldn't be that hard as long as someone has access to the necessary tools and equipment. The only thing I'm missing now is the equipment, I have all the tools...…

Anyway, I think if someone could figure out who that person was and shoot them an email, maybe they still offer them and I just don't know about it....? I think I seen it in one of the Facebook groups - I'll post up a question about it if anyone is in need?

There may be a difference in clutch pedals! Going from that picture the mounting point would move up a bit for the V6. In order to keep the pedals in the same location from car to car, the mounting hole would have to be relocated and re-drilled in the lever. And since the pedal has a "sleeve" that the mounting/pivot bolt runs through it wouldn't be as easy as just punching another hole in the same lever. I'm sure they did that to make it easier to press for a stiffer clutch. Too bad they don't show where the V8 pedal location is if it's any different from the V6.