Roush fox-body Saleen headrest(please help)

Saleen8786

Oct 7, 2003
Marlton, NJ
Hey guys i love the headrest in fox-bodied saleen's, I'd really want to pick up a set to put in my gt, was wondering where i could get a pair or is it possible to get a pair of 85-86 halo's out of a gt and have a trim/upolstry shop put the netting in? Please any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Jim

• Sponsors (?)

The headrests you like were made for Flofit in Long Beach. Not to be confused with the Recaro headrests that are similar in look. Saleen used Flofit from 87-91. The headrest you want for the Flofits have two posts that insert in the top of the seat. All of the mustang seats have one wide post in the center. Any early "halo" headrest from 1986 mustang and earlier will slip right into the top of your seat. Some even have net already in them. The problem with trying to have an upholstry shop try to modify them is to get that net tight you need a rigid metal frame like the Flofits have. Your best bet is to keep your eye on ebay or find a junkyard 84-86 SVO that may have come with the net. I have seen them on ebay lately.

i have a set of the 85/86 GT halo headrests w/ the factory netting. very nice looking & really give my seats the Saleen look! i installed them onto my 85/86 GT/Recaro style seats w/ red piping. i got my headrests off ebay & they usually sell for a pretty high price as they are pretty rare! i know, i paid over 100.00 for my set in mint condition. keep an eye on ebay & a set may come up at some point. this is the only place i could find them after a long search for them. good luck w/ your hunt. when i do see these on ebay the price can be as much as 150.00 a set!

Jay-

Oh man.

The SVO was the mustang that started it all for me. Very few SVO mustangs came with the net headrest, they were all black and had a very small Ford Motorsport logo embossed on them. Otherwise, most of the regular empty halo headrests from mustangs are grey. Some guys dye them, but the original SVO's in black are sweet. The 86's started to receive the low regular headrest at one point as did most of the 85's. 85's made more hp, 96's made more torque. I love those cars.

Yea, they are hard to find. I don't have any pics. The SVO ones have motorsport embossed at the bottom and they only came in black. If you want a halo headrest with the net that will slip right in your seat you need to go the route Jay went. They also came in 1983 Gt's.

better late than never i guess. these were originally black when i got them but i bought interior dye from 50Resto & dyed them gray to match my interior/seats. great stuff to use! good luck w/ you search for them!

443082_123_full.jpg

443082_124_full.jpg

thanx Marcus! btw, if my car looks familiar it is pretty much the old 90 Saleen SC repo George used to have (i know you guys are friends). we have become pretty good friends after all the help i got from him. hopefully i can meet him in person some day to thank him. George if you read this, thanx again!

Jay

Saleen8786 said:
So wait a minute Jay, how'd you get the saleen headrest, did you get 86's and put mesh in them or what???

Yea.

You can find those in 83-86 Mustang GT's ( with net ). He did not install that net, his came with it. He simpley dyed them to match his interior. They are a bit difficult to find so keep your eyes peeled.