Fox factory amp bypass with a twist

Apr 16, 2003
Maryland
So I have read 200 threads about bypassing the factory amp when installing a head unit. I understand you can just reach up in the dash and unplug at the grey and black connectors before the amp and just use them instead of buying a bypass kit. My question is how do you maintain the door speakers because only 4 speakers play that way?

• Sponsors (?)

Mine all played in my notch and it had the 6 speaker premium , now it's all ripped out and externally amped and crossover though

Use the adapter wiring harness from crutchfield.com. Then all 6 speakers will work good. I know because I bought a radio and wiring harness adapter from them. See www.crutchfield.com. - their site will help you find the correct harness kit and they are cheaper than most other places.

Skip the crutch field stuff is way overpriced , you can get the same metra harness from eBay for 10-12 bucks and it works , Also either way whether its pre 93 or 93
with the amp under the seat the harness comes with 2 adapter plugs . Just make sure you order for the right year