Fox T body, what a difference it makes!

99FiveOh

10 Year Member
May 20, 2006
J-Ville, FL
I've been so caught up in getting my fuel and stuff right for the supercharger I never even realized that all my idling and surging issues are GONE! I just noticed it yesterday when I filled up! EVERY SINGLE TIME I've filled up my car since I've owned it, it would surge and stall, well try to stall.. I got used to it after a while and had to keep the throttle open for about a minute or two until it settled down.

It would also do this after coming back out of a store or something, where it was just off for a few minutes. Used to tick me off because when I'd bring it to a shop to get tires or oil change the guy pulling it in to the bay would stall it at least 3 times!!!

Well, not anymore. It hasn't stalled once since I converted over to a Fox throttle body setup. I dont' know what it is about the setup that makes it so different, but evidently there's something in the SN95 setup that causes this affliction.

My brother's car does the same thing and now I've got him wanting to do this as well. I figured my new 255 fuel pump might have been the cure, but he added a 155 not too long ago with no affect on the surging idle problem.

And I don't think the supercharger is doing anything because it doesn't even make boost until about 2500 RPM.

Anyone who has been thinking about doing this swap, GO FOR IT! One of the best mods I've done so far, besides the S/C of course! Oh, and that's not even mentioning the throttle response difference!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

thats a hot start problem. the computer tossing too much fuel at the startup. that should be fixed in a tune. not sure if the tweecer can do that, as i don't have one, but my PMS fixed that right up.

but hey fixed is fixed. :nice: i plan to put a fox setup on this summer.

wat all is needed for the fox swap

i have horrible stalling and idleing problems

but then again i have oil burning problems too so theres no telling wats goin on with my motor

Maybe the TPS and/or IAC was bad on the sn95 stuff.

Nope, swapped on IAC and TPS from a known good running car once, no change.. and I bought new sensors as well, no change. Luckily, the guy at Advanced was a friend of mine so he took the parts back! I think the problem is in the age of the motor/electronics and it changes parameters just enough to cause the idle problems, regardless of the operating condition of the sensors. But for whatever reason the Fox stuff is giving the computer what it wants to see..

As far as what's needed, visit this thread: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?p=4368467#post4368467

my car has the exact problem you described above. If the car has been running and then its off for a while, when I go to start it back up it will run then the RPMS jump and it stalls. It does this for about 2 minutes. Really really really annoying.

my car has the exact problem you described above. If the car has been running and then its off for a while, when I go to start it back up it will run then the RPMS jump and it stalls. It does this for about 2 minutes. Really really really annoying.

Convert it over and let us know if it solved your idle issues! I've got a fox throttle body and EGR spacer if you need it. It's stock size, but it's yours if you want it.. just taking up space..

One of the best mods I've done! Throttle response was worth it alone...