Keep in mind there are two checklists, the 'cranks but no start checklist' and the 'surging idle checklist '.
Also when an engine has problems with running ruff then no starting I pull the plugs and clean/replace them, copper plugs are still pretty inexpensive. Then I clean the contacts on the rotor and distributor cap, then see if you get spark starting at the coil, then coil wire, the plug wires. I also make sure nothing has changed in the timing, several times I have found a distributor loose and has moved causing idle, miss fire and no start conditions.
Also when an engine has problems with running ruff then no starting I pull the plugs and clean/replace them, copper plugs are still pretty inexpensive. Then I clean the contacts on the rotor and distributor cap, then see if you get spark starting at the coil, then coil wire, the plug wires. I also make sure nothing has changed in the timing, several times I have found a distributor loose and has moved causing idle, miss fire and no start conditions.